IGNORED

5200 Brotherhood

atari5200dude82

Hopefully we will get some new Homebrew games soon. Any programmers out there interested in making new games for the 5200.

Well, you know, (March) 2012 is the 30th anniversary of the 5200. sounds like a good reason to release another homebrew,eh?

I wish that guy who wrote Adventure II was still around. I bet HE could do another classic!

Seriously, not sure where this brotherhood is going but I'm very happy to see so many on the 5200 bandwagon. Seems like every time there's a discussion with the words "Atari 5200" in it there's nothing but "waaaaaaaauuughhhh!!! the controllers SUCK" and "why have a 5200 when you can have a 400/800" or my favorite "But...but...it's not backwards compatible with the 2600".

Very encouraging. I think I'll fire up some Robotron when I get home tonight!

We probably need a charter or something. :idea:

hopefully we get what was supposed to be on the 5200 initially… Tempest!

a pleasent bonus would be to finally play Cloak & Dagger :P

I'm in!

And I don't know what happened to it or what it was, but I got to play Tempest on a 5200 at Classic Gaming Expo 2010 in Las Vegas. It was part of the AtariAge kiosk setup (right after I'd played Halo 2600). I only got a few minutes with it, but it seemed fairly complete and delicious. Maybe Al knows what it was / what came of it?

Hopefully we will get some new Homebrew games soon. Any programmers out there interested in making new games for the 5200.

Well, you know, (March) 2012 is the 30th anniversary of the 5200. sounds like a good reason to release another homebrew,eh?

So that means you are quietly working on Adventure 3 for a March 2012 release, correct?

Count me in as well! I have always thought the 5200 got the short end of the stick and should have lived on longer than it did. I like the controllers, but I think there were improved ones on the way that might have been able to carry the system into the NES era. Time to dust off my four port 5200 for some holiday play! If only I could find my spare switchbox I bought a few years ago. Still AWOL.

I need to get around to buying another 5200. I miss mine. I did one of those stupid "Well, I have an A8, most of the games are the same, I need to save on space...." thought processes, sold it, then immediately regretted it.....

That's the story of my life (and so many others here).

I hope you're able to find one at a good price soon. :)

I'll join. I personally think the 5200 is the forgotten jewel of the Atari console family.

But we need to come up with a secret handshake for this to be a true brotherhood.

And might I suggest we also come up with our own gang sign? That way when the Colecovision fans show up in our hood we can do some bangin', yo.

Hey, there's some of those Coleco boys! *Starts shooting nerf darts at them!* :grin:

• 1 month later...

I think I need to join this Brotherhood after all. Rather than consider it to be being disloyal to the Envious Snakes, I can consider it to be a partnership. Partnership with The Envious Snakes can help protect us from the INTV and ColecoVision bangers.