IGNORED

5200 Brotherhood

atari5200dude82

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what this brotherhood thing is about, but there's not many pictures in this thread. Also, I don't think you need a multi-cart when you simply have a ton of the cartridges on hand. Here's my stuff:

post-3519-0-31888800-1545764559.jpg

S-video mod

post-3519-0-80114100-1545764571.jpg

Controller mania: Trak-Ball, self made Paddle, Competition Pro, and custom stick by a member here:

post-3519-0-42342300-1545764590.jpg

Boxed Games:

post-3519-0-14028500-1545764602_thumb.jpg

Loose games:

post-3519-0-04081100-1545764615.jpg

post-3519-0-59559600-1545764625.jpg

• Like 5

I don't know what this brotherhood thing is about, but there's not many pictures in this thread. Also, I don't think you need a multi-cart when you simply have a ton of the cartridges on hand. Here's my stuff:

attachicon.gifIMG_0467.JPG

S-video mod

attachicon.gifIMG_0473.JPG

Controller mania: Trak-Ball, self made Paddle, Competition Pro, and custom stick by a member here:

attachicon.gifIMG_0468.JPG

Boxed Games:

attachicon.gifIMG_0466.JPG

Loose games:

attachicon.gifIMG_0471.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0478.JPG

Sweet collection! Thanks for sharing.

I have a lot of carts myself, but I still prefer the multi-cart for a few reasons:

1. Quicker to change games, without getting up.
  2. Don't have to worry about keeping the games neat. I end up with a pile of carts on my floor that I need to clean up after all of the fun.
  3. I can play hacks that are not available on cart. I actually prefer to play the Centipede version with the Namco font. It pushes an already great title over the top.
  4. I prefer to the DK, DK Jr, and Mario Bros hack versions, which are not available on cart.
  5. Play prototype releases before they are available on cart, such as Scramble.

I realize changing carts might make it more old school authentic too. I used to put quarters on my arcade machines, because I felt it made the experience more authentic. Something different about feeling like it costs money. Just figured I'd share the other side of the coin, so to speak.

• Like 2

Sweet collection! Thanks for sharing.

I have a lot of carts myself, but I still prefer the multi-cart for a few reasons:

1. Quicker to change games, without getting up.
  2. Don't have to worry about keeping the games neat. I end up with a pile of carts on my floor that I need to clean up after all of the fun.
  3. I can play hacks that are not available on cart. I actually prefer to play the Centipede version with the Namco font. It pushes an already great title over the top.
  4. I prefer to the DK, DK Jr, and Mario Bros hack versions, which are not available on cart.
  5. Play prototype releases before they are available on cart, such as Scramble.

I realize changing carts might make it more old school authentic too. I used to put quarters on my arcade machines, because I felt it made the experience more authentic. Something different about feeling like it costs money. Just figured I'd share the other side of the coin, so to speak.

I'm with you, for all the reasons you listed above. I've hit the point in my life where I have to seriously consider downsizing, so getting rid of all my lose cartridges except Tempest has crossed my mind more than once. I don't want to, but reality is setting in.

• Like 1

I'm with you, for all the reasons you listed above. I've hit the point in my life where I have to seriously consider downsizing, so getting rid of all my lose cartridges except Tempest has crossed my mind more than once. I don't want to, but reality is setting in.

I had a lot of carts on a shelf, just for my carts. I have multiple systems, so it got to the point where everything was crammed. I had overflow in a plastic tub (duplicates, etc), and I had a few "special" carts on my display shelf (Pac Collection, Frenzy, DK Pokey, etc). I had to move the cartridge shelf to make room for a new toy. I think I might store all my carts in an accessible tote, kept in storage. I think they're nice to have, just in case. I get what you're saying about reality though. My Dad came to live with me. He collects model railroad stuff. He brought A LOT, but he also left a lot. There were things in storage that he'd totally forgotten about. It was a real lesson in the balance of enjoyable and clutter. It's still a tough to let go of something I might want to look at some day, but it is also a reality check.

I want it noted that I wasn't disparaging multi-carts.

I didn't take it that way. There something cool and authentic about actually changing carts. For me, it's a matter of space, body aches and wanting to cram a dozen games into the rare 15 minutes I might get here and there. I wish I had even more room, to make a nice showcase wall. On the other hand, after cleaning out my parents old house, I'm also getting mixed feelings on how much I really need. It's a fine line.

Thanks again for sharing your collection. It's pretty sweet.

Edited by darryl1970

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...