IGNORED

ColecoVision Trading Cards with Binder!

pboland

Cool only $1.50 each! $4.50 for the set, can`t beat that.... :grin:

If you look closely at that wrapper again, you will notice that is a advertisement for my replacement colecovision cart labels. Not the cost of the cards. ;)

That is why I think the binder was/is a must. I am glad that I got one. When I get the new series I can simply save the wrappers somewhere and place all the cards in the binder...

Opcode has the right idea.

Shown here are some wrappers from the 1980's in the sleeves I've had them in for about 15 plus years. You could store them flat if you like. Back in the day I would put the wrappers in a large book for a week or so and them put the flatted wrapper in a sheet protecter in my cards binder.

The wrappers that I'm making are thicker then the older wax wrappers but, I'm still able to get them to fit (with a little force) in a card sleeve sheet. If it's that large of an issue, I could supply flat (unfolded) wrappers for collectors (for a small additional charge). See pics below. Also you can see where the inspiration came from for the new CV-02 wrappers.

post-9874-0-80689800-1330013211_thumb.jpg

post-9874-0-11788000-1330013221_thumb.jpg

Even though I'm keeping the main part of the wrapper the same, I do plan I having three different ads on them. The first one has an ad for my reproduction cart labels. The second one has an ad for my ColecoVision Game Posters and the Third is just a fun ad for the Hotz trading cards themselves. Here's a pic (and you can see what the flat wraps look like).

post-9874-0-85685000-1330031647_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Again, you amaze me with your considerable talents. I have one question and one suggestion....

:arrow: Will you be including a stick of gum inside each package like they used to do with baseball cards! :grin: ;) :grin:

:arrow: For all those concerned about the wrapper, may I suggest buying two complete sets. One to open and appreciate the contents and the other to leave sealed. :P

Again, you amaze me with your considerable talents. I have one question and one suggestion....

:arrow: Will you be including a stick of gum inside each package like they used to do with baseball cards! :grin: ;) :grin:

Believe it or not, I was considering this once I figured out how to make the wrappers. The reason I'm not is because of what you just stated here:

:arrow: For all those concerned about the wrapper, may I suggest buying two complete sets. One to open and appreciate the contents and the other to leave sealed. :P

If I put gum in the package, I don't want people to feel they need to open the package to get it out. I have considered putting a bubble gum scented sticker in the pack to give it that memorable smell but, part of me says that is over kill.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Wow, so pissed that I missed this!

What an awesome project.

If any other sets of CV-01 are ever produced again in the future, I am in. I don't care what price they are.

There awesome that's for sure ;) :thumbsup: Unfortunately he's not going to do any reprints of old series, your best bet would be to try to find someone on AA who wants to sell or trade a set.

What an awesome project.

If any other sets of CV-01 are ever produced again in the future, I am in. I don't care what price they are.

There awesome that's for sure ;) :thumbsup: Unfortunately he's not going to do any reprints of old series, your best bet would be to try to find someone on AA who wants to sell or trade a set.

That's a great idea!

I'll mention it here first then...

If anyone here picked up an extra set to sell, or for trade bait...you've got a fish on the hook.

I will buy or trade for a set...just send me a PM and we will see if we can make a deal. :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

What an awesome project.

That's a great idea!

I'll mention it here first then...

If anyone here picked up an extra set to sell, or for trade bait...you've got a fish on the hook.

I will buy or trade for a set...just send me a PM and we will see if we can make a deal. :)

What do you have to trade?

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

C'mon Joe, surely you have seen rellik's auctions before. I don't know who he thinks he is kidding, but i really don't think he is fooling anyone or getting any buyers at his prices.

Yes, I've seen them...I just find it unbelievable that he tries to sell them for that much...or that anyone would ever buy them.

C'mon Joe, surely you have seen rellik's auctions before. I don't know who he thinks he is kidding, but i really don't think he is fooling anyone or getting any buyers at his prices.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...