IGNORED

Questprobe´s X-Men game?

Yautja

Just ran into this article in Wikipedia, about the Questprobe, the graphical adventure:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Questprobe#Cancelled_X-Men_game

"Cancelled X-Men game

The fourth title in the series was to include the X-Men - this game was partly coded by Scott Adams but never saw the light of day as a published game, as Adventure International became bankrupt during its development in 1985. The partially-coded game can be found around the internet and on many fan sites."

Does anyvody have this game? Any plans to complete it?

- Y -

• 5 months later...

FYI Scott Adams shows up to the Midwest Gaming Classic every year. Not only does he host a great Q&A session, but he also wanders around the convention floor talking to people. This year we were having fun messing around with Return to Pirate Isle on the TI-99. It's awesome to hear his perspective on things.

Speaking of X-Men I swear I read somewhere that the game itself was pretty much done (or at least fully playable), but there were no graphics yet. Not sure if that's true or not.

I have what appears to be a beta of The Hulk for my Apple II. The game says TITLE SCREEN GOES HERE before it starts. I'm not sure if it's complete or not, because I could never get out the dang chair in the beginning (damn it Bruce, get angry!)

FYI Scott Adams shows up to the Midwest Gaming Classic every year. Not only does he host a great Q&A session, but he also wanders around the convention floor talking to people. This year we were having fun messing around with Return to Pirate Isle on the TI-99. It's awesome to hear his perspective on things.

Speaking of X-Men I swear I read somewhere that the game itself was pretty much done (or at least fully playable), but there were no graphics yet. Not sure if that's true or not.

I have what appears to be a beta of The Hulk for my Apple II. The game says TITLE SCREEN GOES HERE before it starts. I'm not sure if it's complete or not, because I could never get out the dang chair in the beginning (damn it Bruce, get angry!)

Here he is from a couple years ago http://www.micahrayphotography.com/photos/1241994493_AL9tV-L-3.jpg and some more here http://www.micahrayphotography.com/Professional/Client/Midwest-Gaming-Classic-2011/16371769_KtTRfB#!i=1230962814&k=DfzUN

I remember sending Scott and email a few years back asking if he knew of the rumour that Atari had brought out his brothers Happy Backup company.

He said he didn't know about that..

Shame, I'd love to know if it was the case..

Well,

on the A8 you simply typed "bite lip" at the start of the game and he turned into the Hulk, got off the chair and then turned into Bruce Banner again. (Yes, bite lip got him angry, so angry he turned into the Hulk.) Not sure, if it is the same on the Apple...

-Andreas Koch.

Edited by CharlieChaplin

• 10 months later...

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread as it's quite old but I can shed some light on this subject and answer a few questions.

Firstly, the Questprobe:X-Men was in production but it isn't really anywhere near complete. In Scott's own estimation it is about 35% finished.

As for playable, technically it is as most of the work put into the game concentrated on the map design and connecting the locations so you can move about. However, realistically it isn't playable as 90% of the locations don't have descriptions.

I can tell you that the first location is set in the Chief Examiners room with the Chief himself busy working at his desk and that you (as the player) are operating from the point of view of Magneto (Magneto, I want you to: )

I hope that answers some questions, I'm a big fan of Marvel, Questprobe and the 'Great' Scott himself.

on the A8 you simply typed "bite lip" at the start of the game and he turned into the Hulk, got off the chair and then turned into Bruce Banner again. (Yes, bite lip got him angry, so angry he turned into the Hulk.) Not sure, if it is the same on the Apple...

-Andreas Koch.

"Rock Chair" is another one which bruce falls over and gets mad,

Hi, I'm not sure if anyone is still following this thread as it's quite old but I can shed some light on this subject and answer a few questions.

Firstly, the Questprobe:X-Men was in production but it isn't really anywhere near complete. In Scott's own estimation it is about 35% finished.

As for playable, technically it is as most of the work put into the game concentrated on the map design and connecting the locations so you can move about. However, realistically it isn't playable as 90% of the locations don't have descriptions.

I can tell you that the first location is set in the Chief Examiners room with the Chief himself busy working at his desk and that you (as the player) are operating from the point of view of Magneto (Magneto, I want you to: )

I hope that answers some questions, I'm a big fan of Marvel, Questprobe and the 'Great' Scott himself.

Awesome, thanks for the info.

"Rock Chair" is another one which bruce falls over and gets mad,

Bruce is quite the pansy isn't he? ;) I'll have to play around with that copy I have for my Apple II.

Bruce is quite the pansy isn't he? ;) ......

Even more so in the 1970's series where he always managed to jam his fingers in the door to set him off! Guess he'd better stay away from any DIY/Home improvements :-o

• Like 1