IGNORED

Two new versions of released games (Malibu Bikin and Road Riot)

EricDeLee

I haven't fooled around with this too much, but check out the Screenshots I have for Malibu Bikini that are new...

I haven't played this game much, so I don't know what is too different compared to the released version. Some of it is different (especially in the attract screens).

post-3390-0-98525900-1324931956_thumb.jpg

post-3390-0-27213600-1324931978_thumb.jpg

post-3390-0-83626600-1324931998_thumb.jpg

As for Road Riot... I am going to spend some extra time with it right now. It appears that I have a version where the stupid vecichle doesn't flip at every single bump (which is awesome) and I think the controls were changed. I'll get more info on that later.

Road riot(different).zip

Malibu-Debug.zip

Road Riot appears to be different (starting on the different part of the screen, roads appear different, etc).

Enjoy the files and load them up in Handy (or your flashcarts...)

(Merry Christmas!---even if it is a tad late)

Edited by EricDeLee
  • Like 2

I've downloaded them and I'll Flashcard them to see what's what. Thanks for sharing!

So where did you find them? Are these more cool protos carts you've bought? You sure do have the Midas touch in finding the unique ones!

Cheers,

Smeg

Both play well in Handy . Thanks again.

I find RR especially interesting. Different intro, different music BUT only one and the same song throughout qualification and at least one further track - whilst the other version has different tunes for every track. Also no sounds other than a (new) growl.

really interesting. Need to play through more races. The steering is not that different, more important to me is, just like in the well-known version, you are NOT thrown out of curves when you accelerate, which I have always found unlike most other racing games. Once you get used to this you can manage the other buggies with some practice pretty well. I find RR easier than Checkered Flag.

Thanks again. How did you come by them? or did you reprogram them yourself a bit? Like exchanging the music track? Just curious.

Oh, by the way, is there any other way to get a copy/the ROm of the alternative version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command still?

Hmm... I wanted to add this to the first post, but can't seem to edit now.

Here's another different version of Road Riot.

In this one you push the gas with a different button and you fire bullets with the Up Directional Pad. Other than that... I'm not sure what is different. Have fun!

(I've enjoyed these version on my computer for a while now, and kind of forgot about them. They came from previous protos I received years ago. There protos are still in my small Lynx collection)

I'm debating about releasing the alternate Daemonsgate version. I haven't made up my mind on that one yet.