IGNORED

Apple IIc - All keys seem to repeat forever...

Yoder

If there is any sort of stickiness or pliability left on the glue - I've used some baby powder and simple rubbing. The baby powder acts (and looks) like a snowball, rolling along and picking up the sticky glue. The glue will tend to transfer itself to whatever bites into it and has a larger surface area. And that, by far, is the baby powder. It's like using sand, only on a finer scale. And it's not abrasive as it rolls along digging in and lifting up. The logo paint would easily stand up to this. This is akin to rubbing off dead skin. Once it gets going, it comes of real easy.

I'm not sure what to do with the dried glue, like masking tape that is totally flaking off. It might work with a 1/16th drop of orange stuff spread carefully. And then heat dried. And then gone over with the rolling baby powder. I don't know. I'd have to experiment with it.

Drops of boiling water from an eye-dropper could do something to break the bonds of the glue to the point where it would rub off.

But whatever rubbing action you use. You should have some medium between the painted logo and the implement doing the rubbing.

I like the baby powder thing because it provides an interface that transfers the force from the rubbing implement right into the glue. And, theoretically, nothing will ever touch the logo paint. Once it gets going, the glue itself is the medium between the rubbing thing and the surface. Like ball bearings.

Sometimes a metal badge can be removed by freezing the case and then prying. OR the opposite, heating it up. A drop or two of orange stuff can be left to absorb under the badge. And sometimes a razor can separate it nicely. There's really a lot of variables to consider.

Metal sticker on a case logo? That's a toughie.

• 5 years later...
  • 6 years later...