IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

I downloaded ATR Tools this AM, and tried it out with some 720-sector images. Does just great in light testing. Very attractive GUI!

I use APE a bunch, and this will be a very nice addition to the tools to maintain images.

Thanks for your work!

-Larry

NONE

2 sides

80 tracks

Later formated with MyDos and added some files and a directory with some files.

Reloaded to your program and checked some of the tabs, and at the VTOC tab check disk box it crashed.

The VTOC check currently only works with SD and ED images.

This is a Work-In-Progress program that runs on Windows.

Do you have Sparta-Dos compatibility on your to-do list?

Yep, MYDos too...

When I run it I get a Path/File Access Error.

Did you use the installer or just the update? and which windows OS?

Jay

When I run it I get a Path/File Access Error.

Did you use the installer or just the update? and which windows OS?

Jay

I found the problem, I needed to run it as administrator. I noticed you create the atari.fon file in the program directory. Under Vista, and I think Windows 7, programs can't write to the Program Files directory without permission. That's what was causing the rror.

yup, running windows 7 ultimate. Used installer. On first bootup you get the run time error, you then have to chance it to run as administrator for it to work. Picture in the middle, not background

getting same error

ahh opened after I used Run As Administrator

True, if ran on an NT based OS and you're not logged in as Administrator, then you need to right-click on AtrTools.exe and select "Run As", then choose "Administrator" from "the following user" and type in your password...

I'll either add code to set the proper permissions to save the font file in the install folder when first ran or just package it in the installer and save the settings in the registry instead of an .ini file...

Jay

I prefer to run os2. I dont do windows. only linux is the server and it is ONLY a server, no other apps.

I know you are frustrated re the Satan that is Windows but please don't be frustrated at AtariGeezer, he's offered other alternatives that you don't have unfortunately...