IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

Any new update for this magnificent utility?

Thank you

madi

Just discovered today that I wasn't reading MyDOS 4.X FMS correctly which results in errors when tracing a deleted file. And the VTOC Check can modify Sector 1024 when the Sector Count is 1040 which it shouldn't as the VTOC Sectors start at 360 and continues at 359 or less depending upon the 1st Byte in the first VTOC Sector...

On another note, I also discovered that there are some ATR's out there that are 141k in size which was a bug in SIO2PC, so today I added an option to truncate the file to 131k...

The next release will have the Corrections for MyDOS 4.X and the finished routines for the ATX to ATR conversion.

Not sure when as I'm still working on the Atari Gateway too. Currently I'm adding XModem / YModem with CRC / Batch to it which allows sending / receiving attachments in E-Mails. POP3 email checking and retrieving currently works as does retrieving the Current Date and Time from a Time Server...

Edited by AtariGeezer
  • Like 3

I just tried this on XP32, and it only shows up on the Process List in Task Manager. Nothing on the Application tab, and nothing on screen or in the taskbar. No error messages of any kind.

I hope this info can help in some small way.

I am unable to replicate this on my XP 32 PC... It shows it all ok for me...

I just tried this on XP32, and it only shows up on the Process List in Task Manager. Nothing on the Application tab, and nothing on screen or in the taskbar. No error messages of any kind.

Check post #120 of this thread. Perhaps you have the same scenario.

I am on Win 7.

Edited by DjayBee

It runs fine on my WIN XP32 system.

Spec:

Windows XP32 SP3
Intel Core2 Duo @2.53 GHz CPU
3.00 GB RAM
ATI Mobility Rageon HD 3650
I run the latest available run (AtrTools Build 025a) from HER
post-37046-0-03855000-1500917589_thumb.png
madi

• 4 weeks later...

ATRTools-026f.zip

Build 26

- 01/07/2017 - Fixed Font Bombs - Now Only Using Application Install Folder.
- 01/07/2017 - Fixed Launching ATR's From a ROOT Directory.
- 01/22/2017 - Fixed Viewing Sector Range of More Than 512 Sectors.
- 01/27/2017 - Added Basic File Header Editor to Fix Corrupted Files.
- 01/29/2017 - Fixed Tracing DOS XE Files.
- 01/29/2017 - Fixed Viewing DOS XE Files.
- 02/20/2017 - Added DOS XE Create / Import / VTOC Fix.
- 02/28/2017 - Added MAC/65 Detokenizer to View Files.
- 07/25/2017 - Fixed Opening ATR Image after Converting DCM File.
- 07/31/2017 - Fixed Showing Correct DOS Version after Image Creation.
- 08/01/2017 - Fixed Using ATR Images after Creation.
- 08/05/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to DOS 2/2.5 After Image Creation.
- 08/05/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to MyDOS 3/4 After Image Creation.
- 08/05/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to SpartaDOS After Image Creation.
- 08/06/2017 - Added Creating Folders in MyDOS.
- 08/10/2017 - Fixed Creating Folders in SpartaDOS.
- 08/11/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to DOS XE After Image Creation.
- 08/12/2017 - Added Finished ATX Sector Editing: Copy / Paste / Clear / Save.
- 08/12/2017 - Added Convert / Save ATX to ATR Image.
- 08/21/2017 - Added Convert / Save ATR to ATX Image.

• Like 9

attachicon.gifATRTools-026f.zip

Build 26

- 01/29/2017 - Fixed Tracing DOS XE Files.

- 01/29/2017 - Fixed Viewing DOS XE Files.

- 02/20/2017 - Added DOS XE Create / Import / VTOC Fix.

- 02/28/2017 - Added MAC/65 Detokenizer to View Files.

- 07/25/2017 - Fixed Opening ATR Image after Converting DCM File.

- 07/31/2017 - Fixed Showing Correct DOS Version after Image Creation.

- 08/01/2017 - Fixed Using ATR Images after Creation.

- 08/05/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to DOS 2/2.5 After Image Creation.

- 08/05/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to MyDOS 3/4 After Image Creation.

- 08/05/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to SpartaDOS After Image Creation.

- 08/06/2017 - Added Creating Folders in MyDOS.

- 08/10/2017 - Fixed Creating Folders in SpartaDOS.

- 08/11/2017 - Added Adding DOS Files to DOS XE After Image Creation.

- 08/12/2017 - Added Finished ATX Sector Editing: Copy / Paste / Clear / Save.

Is there any documentation available or at least a list of available features and supported DOS types?

I tried out a bunch of DOS types and it only coughed at OS/A+ 4.1. Maybe it's easier to list what DOS types it doesn't support, at this point.

No documents, just need to click and learn. It should be easy to navigate ( yeah I know, famous last words :) ).

DOS's that are currently partially supported (Only Read Contents) are: DOS 3, DOS 4 and OSS OS/A+ 4.0..

DOS XL and Pico DOS have 1 to 3 routines left to complete. The above DOS's have a bunch to go, but once I complete the core routines, the rest go pretty fast...

• Like 2

attachicon.gifATRTools-026f.zip

Build 26

Thank you AtariGeezer

I have been waiting for this feature-rich release for some quite time. For members who do not have much programming experience, ATRTools comes to light as a lightweight but essential and unique multi purpose editing and archiving program.

Please keep up the great, "still" tiresome but delightful and self enjoying project.

thank you

madi

Edited by Madi
  • Like 1

No documents, just need to click and learn. It should be easy to navigate ( yeah I know, famous last words :) ).

DOS's that are currently partially supported (Only Read Contents) are: DOS 3, DOS 4 and OSS OS/A+ 4.0..

DOS XL and Pico DOS have 1 to 3 routines left to complete. The above DOS's have a bunch to go, but once I complete the core routines, the rest go pretty fast...

OK, thanks. I didn't mean documentation for learning, just to give current details about the state with various DOS types.

It's coming along quite nicely. At this point, I'd say MakeATR and ATRUtil have been far surpassed. I've mostly been using Atadim for opening ATR's instead of MakeATR and ATRUtil for some time now -- and occasionally Altirra's disk explorer when necessary. IIRC APE has some unique disk-browsing features too.

BTW, I was trying to be able to right-click on an ATR and have ATRTools open the file that way. It doesn't seem to want to open a file using this method though (this is how I'm using Atadim). Do you know the reason for that? I'm using Win7 64-bit.

BTW, I was trying to be able to right-click on an ATR and have ATRTools open the file that way. It doesn't seem to want to open a file using this method though (this is how I'm using Atadim). Do you know the reason for that? I'm using Win7 64-bit.

Okay, under the Options Menu, click File Association, check-mark ATR, ATX, DCM and XFD . Then check-mark the top checkbox and finally click the [OK] Button.

That will however override your current settings for those image formats.

Okay, under the Options Menu, click File Association, check-mark ATR, ATX, DCM and XFD . Then check-mark the top checkbox and finally click the [OK] Button.

That will however override your current settings for those image formats.

I don't want to associate those images with ATRTools, though. I want to keep them associated with Altirra (as I always do), but I want to right click and use the "Open With..." item for opening them with ATRTools. This is how I use Atadim, and it works perfectly for me. I've got ATRTools on the "Open With..." menu, but it doesn't open the image, just starts clean.

Edited by MrFish

I don't want to associate those images with ATRTools, though. I want to keep them associated with Altirra (as I always do), but I want to right click and use the "Open With..." item for opening them with ATRTools. This is how I use Atadim, and it works perfectly for me. I've got ATRTools on the "Open With..." menu, but it doesn't open the image, just starts clean.

In order for windows to add it to the "Open With..." menu, it needs to be registered at least once with the File Associations. Afterwards, re-associate them with Altirra. You might have to do a re-boot before re-associating them with Altirra.

In order for windows to add it to the "Open With..." menu, it needs to be registered at least once with the File Associations.

This isn't true. I'd already added it by right-clicking on an ATR, going to the "Open With..." menu, selecting "Choose Default Program...", and selecting ATRTools.

So I wasn't saying it didn't appear on the "Open With..." menu, I was saying that when selecting ATRTools from the "Open With..." menu, the result was ATRTools opening and the file I'd right-clicked on not being opened in ATRTools.

Afterwards, re-associate them with Altirra. You might have to do a re-boot before re-associating them with Altirra.

I'll try associating in the program and then unassociating, though, and see if this has an affect on using "Open With".

Okay try this: Open ATR Tools normally, then double-click on an ATR image. Does ATR Tools open it that way or nada?

No, it doesn't change anything.

Like I said, it doesn't look like the associations are taking at all. Normally when you change associations, you see all the icons in open windows and on the desktop refresh. Nothing like that is happening.

In fact, also, with the ATRTools app staying open, going into file associations, selecting everything, clicking ok, and reopening the associations window, everything shows unchecked.

On Windows 10 build 15063, the program doesn't show up in the Open With context menu after being associated, but does in the "choose another app" popup. The entry also appears oddly as it is showing the command line, which may be related:

post-16457-0-52791800-1503380099_thumb.png

Note that programs setting themselves as the default association for a file extension through the Registry hasn't been supported since Windows Vista and has been actively defended against since Windows 8. You're supposed to register for the file types and let the user select your program as default through Open With or Set Default Programs.

• 1 month later...

Status Update:

I've been working on adding SIO Emulation to ATR Tools for about 2 weeks now.
One thing I've been learning is implementing OVERLAPPED I/O in C++ and reading how various other programs implement it (Like AspeQT, Atari810 1.4d, Atarisio-0.30, SIO2PC and QTU).
AspeQT: although the size of the routines are small, it wasn't catching all Command Frames.
Atari810: just doesn't work for me.

I downloaded M$ MTTY program where it gives many examples of OVERLAPPED I/O, so I modified the Serial Routines from Atari810 with those examples and got it to boot images fast and clean, but times out on Writing Sectors.

I'm using the SIO2PC RS-232 version from AtariMax, but the 1050-2-PC Auto-Switching doesn't work with PeoSystem anymore, So I'll either buy a new one or just make one using a MC1489 so I can complete that part.

With some luck, I might have it completed in a few more weeks :)

post-26874-0-91412200-1506810606.png

post-26874-0-03730600-1506810619_thumb.png

• Like 9

Looks very interesting! One small suggestion -- if you end up building a new interface, consider a 14C89 instead of a regular 1489. I had much better luck with the C, especially if using multiple drives in the chain. Hope you complete this addition to ATR Tools.
Larry

• Like 1

Status Update:

I've been working on adding SIO Emulation to ATR Tools for about 2 weeks now.

One thing I've been learning is implementing OVERLAPPED I/O in C++ and reading how various other programs implement it (Like AspeQT, Atari810 1.4d, Atarisio-0.30, SIO2PC and QTU).

With my experience with vapi2sio I found out that using a separate thread for the actual serial I/O is very important. You can also raise the priority of that thread.

• Like 1

Looks very interesting! One small suggestion -- if you end up building a new interface, consider a 14C89 instead of a regular 1489. I had much better luck with the C, especially if using multiple drives in the chain. Hope you complete this addition to ATR Tools.

Larry

Good idea, just ordered 10 for $7.00 :)

With my experience with vapi2sio I found out that using a separate thread for the actual serial I/O is very important. You can also raise the priority of that thread.

Just added, thank you for reminding me about that :)