IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

• 6 months later...
On 1/19/2019 at 1:33 PM, AtariGeezer said:

what is the current link to ATR Tools, as mentioned before. The link in the OP is dead and this one goes to DOSXE Extractor. And there only has a link back to the OP here.

Edited by The WABBIT

• 2 weeks later...

Build 28  -  06/16/2018  -  Changed: Button Logic in ATR Search.
            -  06/17/2018  -  Added: Read CSV Files in ATR Search.
            -  06/18/2018  -  Fixed: ATR Search - Validates FileNames and File Sector Length.
            -  06/19/2018  -  Fixed: Sector Map Display now shows All Sectors.
            -  06/20/2018  -  Fixed: DOS XE and SpartaDOS DateStamp Now Use. 4 Digits.
            -  06/20/2018  -  Added: Extracted Files Now Use.DateStamps from DOS XE and SpartaDOS.
            -  06/27/2018  -  Fixed: Check Disk now Updates the First Available Sector in SpartaDOS.
            -  06/28/2018  -  Fixed: Delete File now Updates the First Available Sector in SpartaDOS.
            -  01/04/2019  -  Fixed: Basic Tokens Now Allow the use of the SPACE character.

Build 29  -  07/13/2019  -  Added: 2048 and 4096 Sector Selection in Image Formatter.
            -  08/06/2019  -  Fixed: Rename File.
            -  08/10/2019  -  Added: SendMessage() Error Handler.
            -  08/16/2019  -  Added: Support for LiteDOS.

ATRTools-029a.zip

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2011 at 2:17 AM, AtariGeezer said:

This is a Work-In-Progress program that runs on Windows.

It allows you to do many things with ATR, XFD and PRO images...

http://www.fiftyonefiftysystems.com/Atari/AtrTools.html

Download and let me know what you think so far :)

Jay

McAfee Says this site is too dangerous and won't let me connect to it.

This is what McAfee comes up with when I click on your link:

https://sarah.trktnc.com/tr

David

Edited by DavidMil

Great application, thank you for making it! The Scan ATR Files is especially useful. 

One suggestion - could you make the windows re-sizable, at least vertically? 

Also, same issue with Logitech process holding up the start, latest Win10. I have Logitech keyboard and mouse, if that matters.

Thanks again!

12 hours ago, Mrarkus said:

Great application, thank you for making it! The Scan ATR Files is especially useful. 

One suggestion - could you make the windows re-sizable, at least vertically? 

Also, same issue with Logitech process holding up the start, latest Win10. I have Logitech keyboard and mouse, if that matters.

Thanks again!

Glad you like it :)  I might add an option for a bigger display, but not manual resizing.

Hmmm, okay.  Another one to add to the conflicting issues list...

Thanks,

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've had good results working with Windows Total Commander freeware using the foreign language plugin for ATR files - had to use the 32 bit version of the Total Commander to link the plugin as the plugin is 32 bit but it works on 64 bit windows 10 pretty well for both pulling and pushing things in and out of ATR images.  It navigates and shows the ATR files as little yellow compressed folders - sometimes the simplest is the best solution - sometimes DIR2ATR is simpler because you just want all the files in an ATR - but other times I just want to add or update one file and commander gets it done for me

Edited by Ray Gillman

On 1/19/2019 at 2:14 PM, bfollowell said:

Where can I download the full install for ATRTools? I tried the link in the very first message of this thread, but the website it took me to wanted to install something and, nothing personal against the OP, but I don't let unknown websites install unknown crap onto my computer just to download a file from them. From that point on, anytime I click on that link Norton says the website is attempting to launch a malicious attack of some type.

Every link after that first one appears to just be various updates, but not the whole install.

I'd really like to give it a try, without risking the integrity of my system to do so.

https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/6.0.14/VirtualBox-6.0.14-133895-Win.exe

If you haven't tried these they are great for testing environments - best of all it's 100% free and getting regular updates - updating mine from 6.0.12 right now
Not suggesting you ever install some malware just to test but we run so much random EXE files from the internet - you never know - cheers

Snapshot so you know it's real.  I setup small disk space emulated PC's to run various Linux tests and for when I have something wont work in Win10 64 bit I have a handy emulated Win10 32 bit to try it on.  Most 32 bit stuff runs on 64 but not all and certainly not any 16 bit old stuff really.

image.thumb.png.b49ee43da7c634c3559d2696c53053cf.png

Edited by Ray Gillman
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 8/18/2019 at 3:34 AM, AtariGeezer said:

Build 28  -  06/16/2018  -  Changed: Button Logic in ATR Search.
            -  06/17/2018  -  Added: Read CSV Files in ATR Search.
            -  06/18/2018  -  Fixed: ATR Search - Validates FileNames and File Sector Length.
            -  06/19/2018  -  Fixed: Sector Map Display now shows All Sectors.
            -  06/20/2018  -  Fixed: DOS XE and SpartaDOS DateStamp Now Use. 4 Digits.
            -  06/20/2018  -  Added: Extracted Files Now Use.DateStamps from DOS XE and SpartaDOS.
            -  06/27/2018  -  Fixed: Check Disk now Updates the First Available Sector in SpartaDOS.
            -  06/28/2018  -  Fixed: Delete File now Updates the First Available Sector in SpartaDOS.
            -  01/04/2019  -  Fixed: Basic Tokens Now Allow the use of the SPACE character.

Build 29  -  07/13/2019  -  Added: 2048 and 4096 Sector Selection in Image Formatter.
            -  08/06/2019  -  Fixed: Rename File.
            -  08/10/2019  -  Added: SendMessage() Error Handler.
            -  08/16/2019  -  Added: Support for LiteDOS.

ATRTools-029a.zip 269.06 kB · 133 downloads

Hello AtariGeezer,

Is the program still in update progress? Build 30 or else and is still not working in windows 10 64bit. but i saw this tool and on a old pc works fine.

Gr. Marco

4 minutes ago, marcokitt2000 said:

Is the program still in update progress? Build 30 or else and is still not working in windows 10 64bit. but i saw this tool and on a old pc works fine.

Build 29a works fine in Win10 64-bit.

16 minutes ago, marcokitt2000 said:

Build 29a also works for me fine in Win10 64-bit.

But it still takes a long time to start when I have LibreOffice Calc running. It got better over the last few releases, but still persists.

(No problems if I start ATRTools before LibreOffice.)

IIRC together with other programs it completely fails to start. Read older posts in this thread about that.

Edited by DjayBee

21 hours ago, marcokitt2000 said:

Oke i will check....

Very strange behavior now is it working but i think it caused by the atari800.fon when i will remove the folder it says in use by sytem like what i posted on dis6502..

I like these sort of software. Very handy.

Gr. Marco

21 hours ago, marcokitt2000 said:

• 1 month later...

I too am having problems getting 0.29a working in 64bit Windows 10.

The process starts, I can see it in Task Manager.  But no UI/etc every opens up. 

I have it on the desktop.  Even as administrator it doesn't come up with any UI/etc.

Is 029a the most recent ?  How can I troubleshoot this ?

17 hours ago, cwilbar said:

I too am having problems getting 0.29a working in 64bit Windows 10.

The process starts, I can see it in Task Manager.  But no UI/etc every opens up. 

I have it on the desktop.  Even as administrator it doesn't come up with any UI/etc.

Is 029a the most recent ?  How can I troubleshoot this ?

Sorry, the laptop is actually running Windows 7 64 bit.

Looking at performance monitor the process is waiting on a thread in rundll32

What it is doing beyond that I don't know.  If I end rundll32 then it opens !

I don't know if that rundll32 was launched by ATRTools or something else (I'm guessing something else, as I can now launch it fine).  I'm going to try a reboot and see if the problem returns.

Not sure how to track down what launched rundll32 or why it interferes with ATRTools ?

-- Curt