IGNORED

ATR Tools

AtariGeezer

Hi ijor , the way the well being message comes across sounds a bit of a worry when you say he will" probably be ok" :)

I know its an English thing as well, don't worry, your English is miles better than most people I meet on these streets (actually true)..

The edge of your seat suggests suspense IE I was on the edge of my seat watching that horror film ie you don't know what's going to happen next....

You didn't offend so its all ok..

Edited by Mclaneinc

will probably be in English becomes a backhanded negative... when combined with an important project or medical procedure

It's going to be ok is one way to reassure and be positive.

best wishes

here's to success

what relief it will be to see clearly again..... all inspire confidence and a positive outlook.

I get in trouble all the time for my word choices and I natively speak some form of English !

• Like 1

I natively speak some form of English !

You do?

When did that start ;)

Seriously, we as English speakers often take great liberties with what we call English and it make's me shudder what goes in to the English dictionary as common parlance....I don't disagree its spoken, I just detest the slang being used in the first place..

Add to that the utter loathing for some people in my area to actually speak English to their children of all ages or even use speech in shops, no please, thank you or descriptions of what they want, just grunts and pointing....Same people year in year out.

How do we all get on when some choose not to even communicate in English....

Very sad...Spoke to a Sri Lankan worker in the supermarket and he was furious that no one spoke English once they got here yet he went through 3 exams to make sure he was good enough (and he really was fluent).....Bit sad, lazy world...

Anyway, my bits gone hopelessly off topic...Apologies...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Hi ijor , the way the well being message comes across sounds a bit of a worry when you say he will" probably be ok" :)

You didn't offend so its all ok..

will probably be in English becomes a backhanded negative... when combined with an important project or medical procedure

It's going to be ok is one way to reassure and be positive.

Oh, I see, thanks for the explanation. And sorry if I didn't express myself correctly, but I guess you all realized I didn't mean anything negative.

Thanks for all of the kind sentiments guys, it's really appreciated :) :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tuesday I met one of the eye surgeons and talked about the procedure and recovery and today I met two of the RN's that will be assisting. Everything is all ready and set for next Thursday :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I can't wait to have 20/20 vision again :)

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Where can I download the full install for ATRTools? I tried the link in the very first message of this thread, but the website it took me to wanted to install something and, nothing personal against the OP, but I don't let unknown websites install unknown crap onto my computer just to download a file from them. From that point on, anytime I click on that link Norton says the website is attempting to launch a malicious attack of some type.

Every link after that first one appears to just be various updates, but not the whole install.

I'd really like to give it a try, without risking the integrity of my system to do so.

Where can I download the full install for ATRTools? I tried the link in the very first message of this thread, but the website it took me to wanted to install something and, nothing personal against the OP, but I don't let unknown websites install unknown crap onto my computer just to download a file from them. From that point on, anytime I click on that link Norton says the website is attempting to launch a malicious attack of some type.

Every link after that first one appears to just be various updates, but not the whole install.

I'd really like to give it a try, without risking the integrity of my system to do so.

Last version is here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/192052-atr-tools/page-7?do=findComment&comment=4048252

Thanks for the link AtariGeezer. The only problem now is, it doesn't seem to do anything. If I double-click on it to start it, I get the little busy circle for a little while, then it disappears, but nothing ever happens or starts. If I go to Task Manager, I can see ATR Tools (32 bit) running as a background process, but there's no application open or anything. Anyway, for right now, it doesn't appear to work on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

I'll read back through this thread and see if I'm missing something obvious or experiencing a common problem that may have already been answered.

Thanks for the link AtariGeezer. The only problem now is, it doesn't seem to do anything. If I double-click on it to start it, I get the little busy circle for a little while, then it disappears, but nothing ever happens or starts. If I go to Task Manager, I can see ATR Tools (32 bit) running as a background process, but there's no application open or anything. Anyway, for right now, it doesn't appear to work on my Windows 10 64-bit system.

I'll read back through this thread and see if I'm missing something obvious or experiencing a common problem that may have already been answered.

You need to close LibreOffice first, it has a problem with it's message handler that interferes with ATR Tools...