IGNORED

Otomedius, I am disappoint.

VicViper

I had heard the mediocre reviews, I assumed it was the usual "I don't play shooters, ergo, this sucks" sort of reviews, and gave it a shot any way. It pains me to say it as I am a big gradius fan, but I'm having a real hard time justifying this games existence. My hopes were high when I saw the level of customization for the weapon system, but the game itself is just out and out not enjoyable. Is there something I'm missing perhaps to make this game redeemable? If not, how tragic. This is why we can't have nice things.

Really? You thought it was that bad? I only have an hour or so invested in it, and yeah it's no CAVE but I didn't think it was a total turd or anything. My main issue, and I think somebody else mentioned this in another topic, is the bullets can be a little hard to see. They need to go with bright pink or purple :)

• Like 1

Really? You thought it was that bad? I only have an hour or so invested in it, and yeah it's no CAVE but I didn't think it was a total turd or anything. My main issue, and I think somebody else mentioned this in another topic, is the bullets can be a little hard to see. They need to go with bright pink or purple :)

Maybe I'm being a little hard on it. I've been playing the Salamander and Gradius collection on PSP and those waaaay outshine this game. Maybe when I get through all the new good games I got this year I'll give er another shot.

That would be me.

It is definitely a welcomed Gradius due to Gradius 6 being cancelled. I did find the game easier with the customized ships, and the Gravity laser. My only issue, are the bullets blending into the background. I've watched a couple people complete the game on youtube, and the thing I noticed the most, is that they got 2 speed ups, then they got shield. The other thing I didn't like, is some of the bosses, they had surprising effects that others didn't have.... like the second boss just running across, wiping you out. Gradius never had a "replay to beat the boss" kind of thing before, and with the lack of powerups and whatnot after you die... its just not very welcome in the game.

Saying that, it is fun, its a Gradius game... but it has a lot to be desired. Gradius IV and Gradius V were much, much better.

Edited by keilbaca

Maybe I'm being a little hard on it. I've been playing the Salamander and Gradius collection on PSP and those waaaay outshine this game. Maybe when I get through all the new good games I got this year I'll give er another shot.

You're not. This game is bad on many levels, especially when sat next to any of the normal Gradius games. It's mediocre at best, as someone else put it. There are so many better shoot 'em ups on the 360, too, that doesn't help it one bit.

I almosed passed on this game, but I must have thrown it in my Gamefly queue, and I was pleasantly surprised when it came. I really enjoyed playing Otomedius. I like how the different characters all have a unique feel to their gameplay. I enjoyed the art style and the customization (even though Gravity is overpowered).

My only complaints would be a few areas where if you die, you are guaranteed to lose all of your lives due to respawning inside walls and whatnot. The area with the collapsing platforms comes to mind.

It's on the easy side, but I never 1cc'd it in the week-plus I kept it. Best I did was 3 continues. I'd consider buying it.