IGNORED

Trashmania: Remix (Now with beginner's guide!)

Animan

Trashmania: Remix Cart release  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Assuming Trashmania: Remix is released on cartridge, would you be willing to buy it?

• Yes
    • No (if you want, you can explain why in the topic)
    • Maybe

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I also have one minor fix. The in-game music was sounding weird on real hardware, but I was able to track down the problem, and it now sounds just as good as it did in Stella. I'll release this fix with the next update (who knows when that'll be).

For those wondering when the next update is coming: It should be out this weekend! I'm currently writing not just an extended version of the current in-game song, but several new in-game songs. I'm probably going to have 3 selectable songs (like Out Run) in the game along with the option of sound effects (While I can technically play sound effects and music at the same time, it sound very nasty. It isn't worth it), but there might possibly be more songs if my remaining 1K is nice to me :P .

-Animan

(P.S. now is a good time for you to start watching Sailor Moon. Enjoy.)

Edited by Animan
  • Like 2

Alright, somewhat-big update!

-Not one, not two, but THREE in-game songs for you to choose, as well as the option to have sound effects only (as stated earlier, there is no option to have both music and sound effects running at the same time).

-Music no longer sounds weird on real hardware. Yay.

-There is now a menu before each game that lets you select which song to play. Move the joystick up and down, press the fire button to select a song, and press right on the joystick to begin.

-When a game is paused (COLOR/BK switch is set to BW), you have to option to switch between the 3 songs and sound effects by using the Select Switch. The background colors will change based on which option is selected.

-New background graphics! Besides the same old houses, you'll also visit subway/apartments, igloos, shopping centers, and purple caverns!

-Minor code optimization.

EDIT: Some last-minute changes...

-You can no longer move the Title Screen around with the joystick. Took up to much space.

-Now, you navigate the menu by moving the joystick up and down to select a song, and pressing the fire button to start the game.

Enjoy! And, as always, please leave feedback!

default.bas.bin

Edited by Animan

By popular demand (from those in the AtariAge chatroom), here's the soundtrack in .MP3 format!

EDIT: Some people were having issues with the original site I uploaded this to. Here's a better link: http://www.mediafire.com/?g87i1yybc6x9mqj

post-23192-0-28092700-1327722242_thumb.jpg

Edited by Animan

I put a poll in place to see how many people want this game on cartridge.

But, nothing has been set in stone. I have not contacted Albert yet, nor have I contacted anyone else about publishing this game on cartridge yet.

Edited by Animan

Alright, tiny update.

-2-player Mode! Flip the Right Difficulty Switch, and player 2 controls the enemies! Hold down the fire button to move the glowsticks, and move the joystick to control the enemy block!

-Can't move title screen around anymore. It was taking up too much space in 8K.

-When game is paused, use the fire button to select which audio track to listen to.

Enjoy! And, please, leave feedback as always!

default.bas.bin

Edited by Animan

Probably the last major update.

-High Score system! What I thought couldn't be done has been done. When you get a game over, the score will turn red to signify a high score. The highest score is shown in the intro, title screen, and music select screen. Remember, however, the high score will be erased when you turn the system off!

-Enemy colors are different for each level.

-Levels no longer have different designs. They're the same house graphics but with different colors. It was taking up too much space.

-Datacomb logo has been replaced with "Jonathon Bont, 2012".

-Code optimizations. Lots of them.

My 8K is full, all my RAM is used up, and I've put in almost everything I've wanted to put in.

Trash away, you fools.

default.bas.bin

Edited by Animan

Alright, fixed two bugs.

-For some reason, when I optimized the code for displaying the trashcans, it created a weird glitch where if you collected all 3 trashcans, one trashcan will appear on the left. You wouldn't be able to grab it, so it didn't affect gameplay. However, it drove me nuts.

-Infamous audio glitch that happens when the enemy kills Hologram Joe and you get the the trashcan in unison. Yeah, it's finally fixed.

Enjoy!

default.bas.bin