IGNORED

Happy New Year! - Scramble for the 7800

PacManPlus

Thanks very much guys, for the kind words and everything - and thanks remowilliams (and a few other people) who actually paid more than they had to. :)

Everyone who has paid me thus far (01/29/2012 10:03 AM) will have their carts in the mail as of tomorrow morning.

Thanks again,

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Wow I need to get on it. Guess I'll dig through the thread and find out what the price is and the paypal address to send it to. :lol:

Also got mine today. everything is aces. STILL hate that part where you gotta fly through the high and low tunnels. I crash everytime.

When I was trying out the ROM I took a video of me playing it through to the end once through. The tunnels start at about 2:54. To get through them you have to fly all the way to the right, then push back and down (or up, depending). You can't go backwards in the game so don't worry about hitting your butt. :)

Sorry for the tilted camera.. it was on a blanket I think. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNZW-Y8W70&feature=youtu.be

• Like 1

Thanks guys :) I really appreciate the kind words.

NE146 - You know the version you are playing in that video is not the newest one, right? I fixed a few things that are happening in the game since then (the unforgiving collision detection, the "-------" in the second player's score before starting a 1-player game, all of the rockets launching in the 4th stage, etc.)

Thanks,

Bob

Wow I need to get on it. Guess I'll dig through the thread and find out what the price is and the paypal address to send it to. :lol:

Also got mine today. everything is aces. STILL hate that part where you gotta fly through the high and low tunnels. I crash everytime.

When I was trying out the ROM I took a video of me playing it through to the end once through. The tunnels start at about 2:54. To get through them you have to fly all the way to the right, then push back and down (or up, depending). You can't go backwards in the game so don't worry about hitting your butt. :)

Sorry for the tilted camera.. it was on a blanket I think. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkNZW-Y8W70&feature=youtu.be

Yeah, I know HOW to get through it, I just always mess it up :) .

NE146 - You know the version you are playing in that video is not the newest one, right? I fixed a few things that are happening in the game since then (the unforgiving collision detection, the "-------" in the second player's score before starting a 1-player game, all of the rockets launching in the 4th stage, etc.)

Thanks,

Bob

Yes I do know. and I did mention it in the video description that it was an early build. I just put it up for the heck of it and will probably remove it shortly.

And by the way. Payment sent! Thanks man. :D

Got mine today and looks GREAT!! will play after dinner toight as always Bob another great game I got to get your other releases I ether missed out on or in the AA Store

With Bob's releases alone you could setup a bunch of 7800's and TV's and have a nice sized arcade with quality games

This is a very well made port. Those hi-res games show off what the 7800 really can do. I think Atari themselves never bothered to use their hi-res mode, did they? Maybe in places like the scoreboard...

Anyway, there does seem to be a limit in how many sprites can be displayed on one scanline in this mode... I see some sprites flicker quite often, like they fireballs if they're on the same scanline as your ship and its shots.

By the way, they was a console version before the crash... Tomy adapted it for their Tutor (but I suppose this was supposed to be a computer, not a game console). They also did a handheld version which had different names in some regions such as "Alien Attack" or "Rambler" (which I owned).