IGNORED

Sometimes, collecting can be a real pain in the butt...

jacobus

Here's an example - I have been collecting the early Synapse titles in their flat packaging for several years. These "flat packs" use the same artwork (although the images include an extra quarter inch - cut off to make them fit onto the boxed Synapse format) and include either diskette or cassettes. I was quite sure (after much research) that this packaging format extended only to the first 8 titles (Dodge Racer, Protector, Chicken, Nautilus, Slime, Protector II, Shamus and Picnic Paranoia). So a month or so ago when I had some free time, I mounted all of them in a nice frame and added them to my other Atari items on display.

post-11281-0-45763200-1325443655_thumb.jpg

No more than 2 weeks went by and guess what showed up on eBay?

post-11281-0-29100400-1325443668_thumb.jpg

Crap! I was so sure that Claim Jumper had never been released in this format! So, down comes the frame, out everything goes and after a bit more swearing, measuring and more swearing...

post-11281-0-24775900-1325443663_thumb.jpg

(I shoved Reptilian in there just to fill up the space)

I now worry that the next title, Fort Apocalypse may have been released in this format as well. Anyone know?

That's a very nice display you have there!

But I know what you mean when it comes to carefully planning for a nice display, putting it all together, and then finding out that it's not going to work for one reason or another.

Maybe we should all take up "collecting" pirated disks?

• 1 month later...

I thought I was going to see a photo of a bunch of games sticking out of your butt. I held my breath and clicked. I was kind of disappointed and relieved at the same time.

Nah, I didn't expect that... unless it was posted as, "a real pain UP the butt" :o

Are you sure it was your "breath" that you held??

OH! SNAP! :D

PS, That snake is gonna bite that cowboys crotch...!

• Like 1