IGNORED

Want to own an SX212 modem instead of a 1030?

Gunstar

I know trades and such should normally go into the market section, but this is so specific a thing that I need to let all 8-bitters know, sorry if this is wrong admin.

Anyway, I have an ST/XE SX212 modem collecting dust, and I want a 1030 that will match my XL equipment.\

The intent is to only use the 1030 case and modify it for USB/SD/IDE/APE outputs sort of like a modern 850 interface. I'm hoping maybe someone out there has a 1030 collecting dust that they would like to swap for my SX212? \

The SX212 is 1200 baud, IIRC, compared to the 1030's 300...if it matters to you. Maybe you want the SX212 for a case for mods for and ST or XE?

post-149-0-53392100-1325554050_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gunstar

Heh, my 1030 already has (mostly) my IDE+ 2.0 in it...

I dont have a spare 1030, but if you find a 1030, and want to sell the SX212, let me know... i have a project waiting for me to get several SX-212 cases :')

sloopy.

Thanks guys, looks like Guitarman and I can do some swapping, sounds like he has plans similiar to mine for SX212 cases.

I currently have a couple SIO devices in simple project boxes that I was going to install internally in my 1200 which has the room, but at the last minute decided against that due to amperage concerns on the 1200XL (there are already lots of upgrades eating up power). So I've decided to make my XL-look-modern-850-interface out of a 1030 and install my devices into it and add more. I can then use the 1030's power and SIO ports and just bypass/remove the rest of the modem circuits.

Edited by Gunstar