IGNORED

Any interest in first 52 Nintendo Power Magazines?

A_Belmont

Currently there sitting in a couple of boxes, I'm pretty sure it's the first 52 issues (the last one having Ken Griffy Jr. on it, I remember distinctly), in varying condition from well loved and read, to very good quality.

Anyone here interested in them? And if so, what sort of price range is reasonable for these magazines?

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

Well, the first few are collectible, and then a few in that first run will get a bit more than the rest. You'll get more if you sell the more collectible ones individually and then do runs (half year or year) on the rest. For shipping you'll need to use flat rate boxes - these can not go via Media Mail as they contain advertisements.

I need # 1, 2, 5-9, 12, 15, 17, 29, and 48. I've been cheaply putting together a set for about 50 cents an issue (buying in bulk and/or odd lots). Some searches of recently completed sales on eBay would give you a ballpark figure on market value.

They wouldn't be able to go Media anyway because of the heavy weight for all of them. I think the restriction is four pounds, then it switches to parcel and priority. For the first 52, I'd say somewhere along the lines of $80 without shipping is fair if the posters are all intact and the mags are in decent shape.

They wouldn't be able to go Media anyway because of the heavy weight for all of them. I think the restriction is four pounds, then it switches to parcel and priority.

This isn't true, the weight limit is 70 pounds. Max combined length and girth 108". But the advertising is a restriction as stated by Zwackery.

https://www.usps.com/send/media-mail.htm (rules & regulations tab)

• Like 1

Yeah, the darn advertising criteria for media mail is what prevents a good shipping deal. It does not make any sense - those ads in the magazines have all expired. None of that stuff is for sale in retail stores anymore. Ah, the glorious incarnation that is the current USPS.

Yeah, I've told this story before, but I once had 2 huge boxes of Compute! magazines shipped to me. One of them broke open and the Postmaster dragged out the cart with most of them and the remains of the box in it and gave me holy hell for it. I made the argument that they are at this point historical materials since most of the companies and all of the products are off the market and he didn't care (and he yelled at me more, he was an ass). Advertising, unless it's incidental advertising for other publications within a book for instance, are not allowed. When you really read their regulations, there's hardly anything video game related that would be accepted for Media Mail. Computer books is about the only thing.

Edited by Mirage