IGNORED

(FOUND) Amiga Workbench 1.2 or 1.3 disk

unholy

A while ago I got an excellent deal on an Amiga 500, courtesy of a fellow AA-er. Unfortunately, the machine came without a Workbench disk. Anyone out there able and willing to help me out? I'll reimburse the costs of postage and the floppy (or, alternatively, can provide my own disk). Contact me via PM and we can sort out the details.

Edited by unholy

You'd be way better off with WB 1.3... IIRC it should work on all 500s.

If you have a disk that's at least able to bring up a working CLI, there's a method to transfer stuff from PC using only null-modem cable and the built in comms program, problem is they're generally found on the Kickstart floppy and will only be present on other disks if someone puts them there.

I assumed that the Kickstart and Workbench versions need to match, but it looks like you're right. Adjusted the thread title accordingly.

I know about the null-modem transfer method, but right now I have no way of starting the system...

I assumed that the Kickstart and Workbench versions need to match, but it looks like you're right. Adjusted the thread title accordingly.

I know about the null-modem transfer method, but right now I have no way of starting the system...

I can send you one, PM me with details

• 7 years later...