IGNORED

Whats new in TI-99/4A world?

pjduplooy

Copyrights last for the life of the author + some # of years or some insanely long time (thanks to Disney) for corporations unless they are recinded.

In the United States, it's life of the author + 28 years.

It's life of the author plus 70 years in the US, and for works for hire it's 120 years after the date of first publication.

IOW there are no home computers with software out of copyright due to expiry. Due to explicit release, I'm less sure. There are at least two console game systems (Vectrex and Jaguar) that were officially released to public domain.

Thanks for the correction, I realized afterwards I was wrong... 28 or 70 years, though, it's still pretty ludicrous where software is concerned. :)

Adamantyr

Copyrights last for the life of the author + some # of years or some insanely long time (thanks to Disney) for corporations unless they are recinded.

In the United States, it's life of the author + 28 years.

It's life of the author plus 70 years in the US, and for works for hire it's 120 years after the date of first publication.

IOW there are no home computers with software out of copyright due to expiry. Due to explicit release, I'm less sure. There are at least two console game systems (Vectrex and Jaguar) that were officially released to public domain.

Thanks for the correction, I realized afterwards I was wrong... 28 or 70 years, though, it's still pretty ludicrous where software is concerned. :)

Adamantyr

Yea Mike Tyson says that that kind of stuff is ludicrous in the most ludicrous way imaginable. More ludicrous than the most ludicrous thing of all.... FART........

Exactly why is this concept so foriegn ?

Yea Mike Tyson says that that kind of stuff is ludicrous in the most ludicrous way imaginable. More ludicrous than the most ludicrous thing of all.... FART........

The funny thing about Mike Tyson loving to say "ludicrous" is the fact that he can't actually pronounce the word.

The funny thing about Mike Tyson loving to say "ludicrous" is the fact that he can't actually pronounce the word.

It may be that the pitch of his voice was so high that portions were inaudable ;-). Imagine being beat to death by a man with the voice of an 8 year old girl.

• 2 years later...

I did and it keeps trying to force me to download the Ilivid Download Manager software which I have had numerous problems in the past with it trying to take over my web browser. It will not allow a direct download of the file without the Ilivid software installed so I didnt proceed.

I noticed the file is almost 4 times the size of the one that you just shared so I would assume there is quite a big difference. I do appreciate you sharing the smaller version.

Edited by CudaSales

Downloading it now... Should only take me about 15mins depending on the connection... You Rock!!!

It's nice that this stuff has been preserved over the years. I would imagine that there is not a lot of us left who still plays with the old TI-99/4A computers and people like you who preserve history are much appreciated.

Thanks Again!

Edited by CudaSales

Downloading it now... Should only take me about 15mins depending on the connection... You Rock!!!

It's nice that this stuff has been preserved over the years. I would imagine that there is not a lot of us left who still plays with the old TI-99/4A computers and people like you who preserve history are much appreciated.

Thanks Again!

15 minutes! For 432 megabytes? Damn Dude, my DSL really SUX! My connection say's it's going to take 55 minutes! :mad:

I realize this is an old post but can anyone refer me to a good collection of TI-99/4A Software Collection?

Pulling out my TI after years of collecting dust and would like to obtain a collection of software if no one has any objections.

Thanks[/quote

You sold ti99 stuff on EBay quite recently so your collecting dust story seems fishy.

You amping up to challenge buddybear as supreme software pirate?

I realize this is an old post but can anyone refer me to a good collection of TI-99/4A Software Collection?

Pulling out my TI after years of collecting dust and would like to obtain a collection of software if no one has any objections.

Thanks[/quote

You sold ti99 stuff on EBay quite recently so your collecting dust story seems fishy.

You amping up to challenge buddybear as supreme software pirate?

if u are the welcoming comittee for returning 99'ers marc, u suck at it! attacking and provoking u r good at though. gold star! feel better?

I sold TI stuff on ebay recently? You have the wrong person. Where do you see this? I havent sold TI stuff on ebay for a long time and when I did, it was always legit items. Mostly hardware but it's been a very long time.

I just remember your Handle as it's fairly unique and you used to sell quite a bit of TI stuff (perhaps 3 or 4 years ago ?) So it sounds funny when you say "Pulling out my TI after years of collecting dust." Just hit me as strange. Sorry I offended you and don't want to start another feud for old AA.

• 9 years later...