IGNORED

ManCaveArcade Collection

I am new to this forum so I thought this would be a good place to introduce myself and show some photos of my game room. My first game system was the atari 2600 but when I got my NES system for christmas one year it became my favorite system and I later began collecting games for it. My wife didn't like all the games in our living room and I got tired of my kids messing up my shelves so a few years ago I decided to create my "Man Cave Arcade" downstairs in the basement so I could have a place to hang out and display my collection properly. My first project was to build an "NES Arcade" cabinet to house my favorite system and give it a real arcade feel. I thought it turned out pretty good.

I wasn't really into collecting for atari until a couple years ago when my son and I went on a trip and mapped out some game stores and thrift shops on the way to look for NES games. When we went through pittsburgh I saw some kind of a thrift shop and decided to stop. They didn't have any NES games but they had about 10 or so atari games on a shelf that caught my eye. There was one with no label and I asked the guy what it was and he said "I don't know but if you buy the others you can have it for free" I'm not sure why I bought them. Maybe cause I was frustrated that I couldn't find any NES stuff and didn't want to go back empty handed or if I just had a feeling. They sat in my basement in a box with the rest of my old atari stuff for months until I started cleaning up my game room and decided to check them out. It turns out that it was an original pepsi invaders cart that I didn't even know existed until I looked it up on the web and was suprised. This was the best "find" I ever had and made me want to start a new collection. I built an Atari Arcade cabinet as the new addition to the Man Cave and started my collection. Ever since I have had more fun with this collection than I did my NES. It has brought back so many memories and I actually have fun playing the games again. I have a long way to go to finish this collection but it will be a fun journey!

I continue to improve the Arcade a little at a time and so far I have added an XBOX 360 cabinet, police trainer coin op, maximum force coin op, mega touch coin op and also have picked up several old game systems that still need a home. The concept was for each system to have it's own cabinet and display shelf but I think I would rather focus on getting closer to competing my (now favorite) atari collection. I will update pics as I add to the arcade.

post-31665-0-88010800-1325993824_thumb.jpg

post-31665-0-18996800-1325993835_thumb.jpg

post-31665-0-00189000-1325993848_thumb.jpg

post-31665-0-41123800-1325993865_thumb.jpg

post-31665-0-63636100-1325993884_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow how many NES carts do you have total??? I like the idea of using a poster as side art!

I have a little over 500 not including dups (the boxed games are hiding in the upper marquee compartment) Most of them have the game sleeve and instructions. I still have a ways to go on this one also.......

Thanks, I thought the poster was nice also, I still need one for the other side and some good NES ones for the sides of the NES cabinet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ManCave

Awesome 'Den of Doom', the ultimate place to while away hours with classic games. The cabinets are gorgeous, wish I had room for something like that. I need a basement!

I see bfstats got the other Tooth Protectors box. Did it go on your famous 'Wall', D? The boxes are better than what I made back in the day, keep up the good work, Boxman!

G