IGNORED

Question about Prototype games

rhcocker

I just bought "American Hero" from a seller on EBAY and it arrived on a CD-R disc with the title hand-written on it (see attached pic). Even the inserts were just home printed on standard paper. Is this what I should have expected? It just doesn't seem right. I am new to Jaguar gaming and so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

post-31696-0-91700000-1326051842_thumb.jpg

I've had protos of a similar era that came on media branded the same as the target system or the dev, such as an Electronic Arts CD-R. Things like that are good to look for when buying what you believe to be genuine protos on CD-R, although of course not fool-proof. I don't think 52x CD-R is contemporary with Jaguar CD game development, so it's not likely a proper proto or beta that found it's way out of somewhere ;-)

Hope you only paid a little for it & that it works on your machine, having seen it at a friend's house you're in for a few laughs at least if you can get it to load :lol:

Apparently there have been a few releases of American Hero, read here. What you have has more of a look of someone doing a bit of rushed bedroom reproduction, at least I've not seen anything on Jaguar presented quite that way so far!

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply! I paid $10 for it, so it's not a big deal. However, it seems that anyone could reproduce this and make money from people like me who don't know any better.

I asked the seller about it and he said he purchased it from a gaming expo years ago. It just seems strange buying media like this.