IGNORED

Modded Controller for Vectrex now on RecycledGamer.com

RecycledGamer

Hi all,

Chuck Van Pelt here. You may remember me as the guy who sells modded controllers and repro lightpens for the Vectrex.

I finally got around to building an online store at RecycledGamer.com! For now it is stocked with lightpens, modded Genny and SNES D-pad controllers and several types of arcade sticks - all modded to work with the Vectrex. If an item is available for sale in the store then it is in stock and will ship right away - these are not pre-sales. Inventory on the D-pad controllers is pretty low right now, but I an doing a huge lot of both types within the next couple weeks.

In the future I plan to add additional accessories for the Vectrex and other classic systems. It is my intention to be at CGE again this year along with the rest of the Portland/NWCGE crew. I'm hoping this store takes off enough to help fund that trip. It was great talking with so many Vectrex fans at the last CGE.

Finally, I'd like to say thank you to the AA community. You guys have always been so great to me and provided such positive feedback. I'd appreciate your input on the store even if you don't buy anything from me.

Cheers,

Chuck

RecycledGamer.com

• Like 2

While I didn't play on it, the feel of the stick on the Shadowblade Chuck converted seems perfect for Vectrex control. I can vouch for the awesomtivity of the SNES and Genesis pad conversions, though; they play great!

I've been meaning to make one for myself for years, but I never got around to it. Maybe I should do that this year :)

EDIT: I actually have a shadowblade that was given to me. Maybe I'll do it to that :)

Edited by keilbaca

Hey, this is awesome and I like your site a lot. Really nice clean design. Still love the lightpen, too!

I am not in the market for the Vectrex controllers (I have two in use and a spare, just in case!) but they look great.

Wow! Those controllers look GREAT!

I'm definitely going to order at least one... I have 2 Vectrex controllers and they both don't work well. I've cleaned them up but it just kills the game experience. With these new controllers however I see that may all change!

Best regards,

Trem

Edited by tremoloman2006

I just ordered one of the modded SNES controllers last night, because I won a well-used Vectrex on Ebay last week with a broken controller (non-centering; if I'm ever feeling brave enough I'll attempt to fix it). Looking forward to my new controller and glad to support a good site.

That's why I have the spare! Seriously, I think not using them causes them to go bad too... I had to refurb the one I bought new in the box at a garage sale. Just was lucky and got them cheap, so might as well use them...it's what they are for, after all.

Phaxda: Wow you have 3 controllers! That's crazy! :-o If I were you I would buy a repro controller and just use that to prevent wear on your current controllers considering how expensive the original controllers go for.

• Like 1

My modded SNES controller just arrived today and it is awesome! It takes a little getting used to after struggling with my half-broken Vectrex controller but so far I've found that it is much more comfortable for me (as well as very responsive). I think I'm probably going to use it as my primary controller for the unit, even if I manage to fix the original controller. I will vouch for the quality of his work. :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...