IGNORED

Game ID please

horsie

Hi there,

The game I'm looking for the title of is the same type as Caverns of Mars. The graphics were crisper, so presumably it was made a little later. You could only shoot down, as in Caverns. As I remember, when your shots hit the cavern walls they would sort of bounce off and fade. The sound effects had a metallic character. As well as attempting to avoid the walls - as the play area scrolled up constantly - there were enemies that fired at you. Some of these couldn't be hit as they were protected by the rock walls.

Have tried but was unable to track this title down. Thanks for your help. :^)

Edited by horsie

Thanks, folks. It was indeed Firefleet. Remembered it as soon as I saw the name!

Thanks for the link. Gonna download it and give it another go.... Very difficult on the later sections as I remember.

You know I'm going to ask you if you want to play in the high score club - the new season starts next week folks - yes I will be emailing and pestering you all to join in :evil:

Yes... but I cheated my way through. I found the game just impossible to play after a while.

Atari Frog

http://www.atarimania.com

I remember putting 255 lives on it and still not getting past a certain point (on the third section maybe?) do you remember if this was the same for you? - I would love someone to fix this as it's a great game ;)

p.s. I saw you Mclaneinc - looks like you're going to have to play some HSC too :P I'll even add Jumpan to the first vote just for you ;)

Nice Video :thumpsup:

watching it made it seem so easy!!! Maybe I just sucked (even with 255 men) - will have to play it some more in the HSC ;)

Firefleet is a great game and was on the first atari tape I bought "ESC's Smash Hits 1" so these games are my special favourites!