IGNORED

Batch of limited Rotary Controller "Made in Germany" announced

CD-i

Hi everyone,

with Tempest and Kobayashi Maru we already have 2 Rotary games. With impulse X and Rebooteroids there are at least 2 more in the making.

We Germans organized to do da run of 30 Rotary Controller. They will still have the D pad and will be switchable between Rotary and Dpad Mode.

They will be ready around April, maybe a bit later an will be built by a well known German console modder and cable maker! (He'll make them in his free time, so there is no definetive release date!)

Every controller is BRAND NEW and limited to 30 pieces. They are already 16 units preordered by us Germany, but there is still room for you ;)

You can choose between a silver aluminium rotary knob or a black one. the encoder itself is 36 pulses, which is the best quality possible.

Payment via Paypal, I'll write you a PM when they are ready and ask for payment and shipping address.

Price is:

- Atari Jaguar Rotary Controller "Limited Tronpheus Edition" with black knob (NEW) inkl. shipping to Germany 53,90€ (shipping to UK and any other EU country should be around 58€ uninsured)

- Atari Jaguar Rotary Controller "Limited Tronpheus Edition" with silver knob (NEW) inkl. shipping to Germany 51,90€ (shipping to UK and any other EU country should be around 56€ uninsured)

If you want one please post it here in this topic. Please keep in mind: First come, first serve. Please don't send me PMs, I'll check here daily and put you on the list, which can be seen here in the first post:

http://www.nexgam.de...=76919&pageNo=1

Edited by CD-i

Very nice work !

I assume you did connect the audio outputs to the unused pins on the joypad connector (pin 8, and pins 5 and 15 if you don't need the analog controller support - which is only present on early American Jaguars anyways, and AFAIK there's only one game that supports it).

The D-pad / rotary controller combo is an excellent idea. I don't understand how you switch between D-pad to rotary mode though (unless you leave the rotary encoder in a specific position before using D-pad mode ; in that case you don't need a switch).

The shoulder buttons mod is nice too - I tried something similar a few years ago, and it indeed makes Tempest 2000 very comfortable to play.

• Like 1

I bought a rotary controller a few years ago, don't remember where. It was made especially for Tempest and replaced the directional button with the black knob rotary controller. Totally awesome controller, well worth it. I think I bought the one on the pro controller too. I should really bust all my Atari stuff out and start playing it again.

Hi,

i´m the guy who is behind the production of the rotary controllers that you can see on the pictures.

There are currently 1 or 2 finsihed controllers with silver knob left. They are ready to be shipped.

rotarylte1finished1.jpg

Facts of my rotary controllers:

- Atari Jaguar Controller (New and boxed, Box may show some wear)

- modified encoder with 36 impulses per rotation (modded to have soft tab locations)

- aluminium control knob with a diameter of 28mm

- control knob in black or silver (without marker) available

- On/Off switch to turn of and on the control knob

The prices are:

- Atari Jaguar Rotary Controller "Limited Tronpheus Edition" with black knob 56€

- Atari Jaguar Rotary Controller "Limited Tronpheus Edition" with silver knob 54€

All prices are without shipping costs or taxes.

The shipping costs are:

Germany 5,90€ tracked via DHL

Europe 10,60€ tracked via DHL

World 16,90€ tracked via DHL

PAYPAL for international orders is accepted.

If there is interest in more rotary controllers then please make a pre order.

I can produce a max. of another 27 rotary controllers.

Please keep in mind that i´m busy from mid february to end of march 2012. No production of controllers possible in this time range.

So please be patient. You will be informed when the controllers are ready. Maybe the next big batch will be available in mid april.

For pre-orders please post here in this topic if you want one definitly. You shall also post the knob colour you want to have.

I recommed silver ones because they are more robust against wear.

Edited by tronpheus

I have 3 finished controllers with a silver knob of my first set left.

Because the boxes of the controllers show partically heavy wear (see the pictures) you can get them for 3€ less then the normal price is.

rotarylte1silveroffer2.jpg

rotarylte1silveroffer1.jpg

I´m sorry but i have no influence on the boxes i get from the big sellers.

But the controllers are new and unused (beside the doing the rotary mod and testing the gamepad)

So you have to pay for these 51€ (without shipping).

If you are interested in one of these then please send me a PM (i need you address for shipping and your email address which is registered to paypal so i can send you an invoice).

These three controllers are finished and can immediately be shipped.

Edited by tronpheus

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

because of skill enhancement of my main work i´m not at home for the next 6 weeks.

I only come home on weekends and have almost no time manufacturing the rotary controllers.

I will set you on my preorder list.

You will get a pm when it is finished (I sold the last finished controllers on sunday, sorry).

Don´t worry i have over 25 new controllers (unmodified) at home :)

Controllers may become available again in mid april.

Pre-orders are welcome.

Pre-orders:

- cfn (black knob)

Edited by tronpheus

• 2 weeks later...

I think there's some confusion what a 'digipad' is and the numberpad. I think he simply replaced the d-pad with a rotary - same as CR, JA & Tyrant pads. There's nothing unique with that pad that would make Rebooteroids not work, the only pads that won't work are those that restrict the used of A, B and C or those that broke the numberpad.

• Like 1