IGNORED

Old 80's VHS TV recordings wanted

Grig

I know this is not game related, but I thought maybe someone here at Atari Age would have what I'm looking for and be willing to help me out. I'm compiling DVD's (for personal use,m of course) of old TV shows, commercials, movies, specials, etc. from the 70s and the 80s (nothing from the 90s needed - I actually have a lot of tapes from the early 90s that my folks just gave me). I am looking for VHS tapes that contain these type of TV recordings (uneditied - I want the commercials in). I can pay for the shipping (media mail, of course) and ship them back to you (media mail at my cost) when I am finished if you would like the tapes back - or if you don't want them back just let me know. PM me if you have some old VHS tapes that you would like to get rid of or loan out for a while. Thanks, and again I apologize that this is not game related but I thought I'd ask. I put in a local CL ad and haven't received one response yet. Thank you!

Jon

• Like 2

With the exception of a yard sale tape that was labeled Star Trek II and turned out to be a cooking show from 1980s cable (not 100% sure about that), I don't have anything to offer. But I think this is a really cool-sounding project and would love to hear about the stuff you acquire, especially if you snag any of those super-short-lived 1980s TV shows like "Condo" or "Helltown".

BTW "Condo" was probably awful, though I wouldn't mind seeing it again after all this time. But I have DVDs of another show that stuck in my head for all these years, "The Phoenix" with Judson Scott -- speaking of Star Trek II! -- and it's fantastic. Totally tragic that it was canceled after just four episodes, it's easily one of my favorite science-fiction shows of all time.

Also, there are a couple Sesame Street clips I'm looking for. If you start collecting old SS episodes, let me know. Most of the memorable stuff has shown up on Youtube, but there are one or two that still haven't. Another thing I'm looking for are certain episodes of TVOntario-type shows that were broadcast on PBS during weekday mornings, especially the episode of Storybound where they featured Bridge to Terabithia.

With the exception of a yard sale tape that was labeled Star Trek II and turned out to be a cooking show from 1980s cable (not 100% sure about that), I don't have anything to offer. But I think this is a really cool-sounding project and would love to hear about the stuff you acquire, especially if you snag any of those super-short-lived 1980s TV shows like "Condo" or "Helltown".

BTW "Condo" was probably awful, though I wouldn't mind seeing it again after all this time. But I have DVDs of another show that stuck in my head for all these years, "The Phoenix" with Judson Scott -- speaking of Star Trek II! -- and it's fantastic. Totally tragic that it was canceled after just four episodes, it's easily one of my favorite science-fiction shows of all time.

Also, there are a couple Sesame Street clips I'm looking for. If you start collecting old SS episodes, let me know. Most of the memorable stuff has shown up on Youtube, but there are one or two that still haven't. Another thing I'm looking for are certain episodes of TVOntario-type shows that were broadcast on PBS during weekday mornings, especially the episode of Storybound where they featured Bridge to Terabithia.

I will let you know - Actually, I have about 60 or so Betamax tapes on their way to me that are supposed to have a bunch of PBS specials from the 80s on them, and I have a few lots of VHS tapes coming to me as well (all ebay paid, unfortunately). I will look for those shows. Now, I just need to get another Betamax player!

I will let you know - Actually, I have about 60 or so Betamax tapes on their way to me that are supposed to have a bunch of PBS specials from the 80s on them, and I have a few lots of VHS tapes coming to me as well (all ebay paid, unfortunately). I will look for those shows. Now, I just need to get another Betamax player!

Awesome, thanks so much. BTW I never saw "Hell Town" back in the day, but if you're wondering why I ask about it, I think this speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNzD2na9CgE

Awesome, thanks so much. BTW I never saw "Hell Town" back in the day, but if you're wondering why I ask about it, I think this speaks for itself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNzD2na9CgE

I absolutely remember watching at least one episode of that show. My parents liked Robert Blake because of Baretta so we watched one show. I just remember him as the priest and my parents did not like it at all. Whitman Mayo is a great character actor. I hope the tapes I get have some great spots loike that!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

This is slightly OT, but since I'm still looking for TVOntario and related PBS stuff myself (especially the Bridge to Terabithia episode of Storybound), I should give props to our very own doctorclu for putting "Newscast from the Past" up on Youtube. So psyched to see that again after all these years, especially the Black Plague episode.

Anyway, I'm incredibly pleased that folks are preserving this stuff, so another free bump for the OP! :)

• Thanks 1