IGNORED

call for developers to Intellivision

vprette

Colecovision is Z80 based, Intellivivsion is CP1610 based and the 7800/2600 is 6502 based. Therefore you can't share game code between the machines. However, all those machines have their strengths and weaknesses when compared side by side.

Go with me on this...........i dont know much about programming.

Is it even remotley possible for someone to write a program that would allow you to transfer the rom code from atari 2600 6502 program to the intellivision cp1610 program and then rework the code and adapt/port games?

:P im sure it you could do it groovy bee! i believe in you!

Groovy is right. For machines as radically different as the 2600/Inty/ColecoVision are, it's always easier to just study and understand the code from the source machine (most of the time, you don't even need to study the code under the hood, just watch the game in action), then sit down, think about it, and then write the same game from scratch on another machine, with respect to the strenghts and limitations of that machine. There's no magical formula that makes "porting" a game between totally alien machines easier than making the same game from scratch.

Watch Atariage for a nice homebrew announcement in a couple days according to one I emailed..

homebrew announcement meaning you are finished and it is selling or homebrew announcement stating a new project you are going to begin?

Thanks for writing. I did not see your message because I do not check my Yahoo account.

Yes there will be another chance to get it, actually to get the original game and a whole lot more.

There will be an announcement in a couple of days, I hope

. Watch Atariage, Valter's site, or my own blog.

Thanks for writing. Carl

www.carlmuellerjr.com