Ethaniel

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...

A small update if anyone still cares...

http://psarou.tk/Harmony.Cart.PAL.Roms.v1.03b.zip

i got my Harmony through the post yesterday, plugged it in and was greeted by the rolling screen, so i installed the PAL firmware, then copied the rom hunter collection onto the SD card, picked a game and was once again greeted by a rolling screen, that's when i realised they were all ntsc games, so i hit google to search for a pal equivalent, which is how i found this thread...

so Ethaniel, i definitely care, thank you for your update, it is the only message in this thread that has a working link and i am grateful for the post, i could have simply used one of my other TVs that can handle ntsc stuff but my 2600 looks best on the one it's plugged into and you've saved me having to change my setup... :thumbsup:

Top work. A PAL60 ROMset would be nice. Someone posted a link to one in the PAL60 thread but not sure it is complete.

I put all PAL60 roms in it, that i could find in the forum here. But it`s not fully complete. Like i wrote there in the PAL60-thread, i deleted all PAL60 roms of games, which were still sold in Atari-Age shop. So i think, i deleted about 20 or 25. I thought, because of copyrights and that. :)

• 4 months later...

Happy new year everyone.

Sorry to dig this up...

I updated the compilation based on v10-v11 of RomHunters sets.

Not many things changed.

Mostly NTSC prototype additions as you can see in the txt.

Let me know if anything needs correction.

Remember I have no automated tools.

This is mostly done in my free time manually...

Harmony Cart PAL Roms v1.04a.zip

• Like 3

Good work. I like especially the "sorted by company" sorting. Same in Romhunters NTSC-collection i also like this company-sorting most.

I often look which company produces which games and it disturbs me a little bit, that i often must switch between both sets (PAL/NTSC) to find certain games or certain companys, because sometimes the game i searched was PAL, sometimes NTSC.

Therefore i did the following today. I put both together as a "complete PAL and NTSC - sorted by company - romset".

For this i did the following:

- go into last version of Romhunters NTSC romset and delete all files which have (PAL) in their name

- go into last version of Ethaniels PAL romset and delete all files which have (NTSC) in their name

- then i use "1-4a Rename" to write the letters "(PAL)" at the end of the name from all remaining roms in Ethaniels PAL-set

- then i use "1-4a Rename" to write the letters "(NTSC)" at the end of the name from all remaining roms in Romhunters NTSC-set

- at the end i sorted them all together to the companys they belong

Maybe this is from interest also for other people. I like to have them all together. Here is the "complete company sorted set".

This complete set is best suitable in STELLA, because the emulator can start every rom in the correct colors out of the box, no matter if NTSC or PAL. On real consoles with the harmony, i think it makes more sense to use the single sets (PAL/NTSC), depending which console you have.

If anybody is in mood to sort the PAL60 roms into the company-sorted-archiv with the exactly same rom-names that the NTSC and PAL games have there, just with (PAL60) at the end of the name, then go for it. :)

Here in post#264 all PAL60-roms can be found in one archiv: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/193459-pal60-roms/page-11

Just two or three, which comes later than post#264 in this PAL60-thread, are missing and must still be inserted.

Complete (PAL & NTSC) - sorted by company.zip

Edited by AW127
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

@Funkyspectrum - the link in the post two above yours (the last from Ethaniel) still works.

Happy new year everyone.

Sorry to dig this up...

I updated the compilation based on v10-v11 of RomHunters sets.

Not many things changed.

Mostly NTSC prototype additions as you can see in the txt.

Let me know if anything needs correction.

Remember I have no automated tools.

This is mostly done in my free time manually...

• 2 weeks later...

As there is some pal useres here can somebody please point me in the right direction for the pal50 firmware,i got encore and it says i can update from carn but i can not,just takes me to copyright screen........got roms but colours are messed up as cart came with ntsc firmware,thank you

As there is some pal useres here can somebody please point me in the right direction for the pal50 firmware,i got encore and it says i can update from carn but i can not,just takes me to copyright screen........got roms but colours are messed up as cart came with ntsc firmware,thank you

i used the guide from here to update mine fella -

http://harmony.atariage.com/Site/Support.html

also check you are using PAL ROMS

Edited by w3dal

• 9 months later...

Just discovered this, great work I have been looking for a PAL set for ages, although I have to say for a set called "Harmony Cart PAL Roms" there are a lot of NTSC roms in there, slightly confusing but still a great set and I appreciate your hard work.

The only small error I can see in 1.04a so far is that the A games are in the B folder

Edited by manic23

• 1 month later...

Just discovered this, great work I have been looking for a PAL set for ages, although I have to say for a set called "Harmony Cart PAL Roms" there are a lot of NTSC roms in there, slightly confusing but still a great set and I appreciate your hard work.

The only small error I can see in 1.04a so far is that the A games are in the B folder

Oh dear! I just noticed also. I will update asap with romhunter v12 additions

• Like 1