IGNORED

Your List of the Top 10 Favorite Homebrew ColecoVision games of All Time!

RelliK111

I would love to see what every one's Top 10 Favorite Homebrew games of all time are for the ColecoVision. I'm working on mine right now but I might need to change this to the Top 20 because this is harder than I thought! There is a lot of great homebrews! I'm basing mine on just straight fun and the amount of time I play them, and not on how rare a game is or value. Also for my list I will only list the games I have played and I own. Everyone can do there list of course how ever they like though ;-) I just think it would be cool to see what every one's favorites are and it would also be a nice guide for anyone who is new to the homebrew coleco scene on what games to track down first.

I would also like to see every one's most anticipated games of 2012 since there is so many coming out this year I think it would cool!

I should have my list ready I'm hoping by tomorrow I think.

Edited by RelliK111

Hi Rellik. :)

I would like to display this list.

It's mega hard, but I try anyway.

Many times when you get a new game, you feel many times that it's the best right now.

01 Pac-Man Collection.

02 Star Force

03 Magical Tree

04 Mario Brothers

05 Space Invaders

06 Road Fighter

07 Sky Jaguar

08 Circus Charlie

09 Gulkave

10 Zippy Race

1 - Bejeweled (Daniel Bienvenu)

2 - Magical Tree (Opcode)

3 - Pac-Man Collection (Opcode)

4 - Ninja Princess (Team Pixelboy)

5 - Bomb 'n Blast (CollectorVision)

6 - Pitfall II Arcade (Team Pixelboy)

7 - Mario Bros (CollectorVision)

8 - Burn Rubber (CollectorVision)

9 - Golgo 13 (Team Pixelboy)

10 - Penguin Land (CollectorVision)

And my most anticipated title of 2012 is of course Opcode's Donkey Kong Arcade. :)

Like I said, I think that it's hard.

I am also waiting for 6 more games, so my list might may change in this case.

I am also looking forward to Bomb 'n Blast, Lock 'n Chase and the later DKA and DK3 and, and.... :-D

Edited by ten-four

Man, that is a tough list to make since there have been so many GREAT homebrews released over the years, but here goes:

1) Mario Bros.

2) Circus Charlie

3) Bomb'n Blast (Kevtris got knocked out of the list by this one!)

4) Reversi

5) Pac-Man Collection

6) Jeepers Creepers

7) Space Invaders Collection

8) Spectar

9) Magical Tree

10) Ghosts 'n Zombies

My most anticipated game that has been scheduled for release in 2012 is Side Trak!

Edited by NIAD

Man This is tough I have a number of games that are on the way to me so I'm a little worried my list might change in a few days but here we go. Again this is on only the games I own right now and this is rated on fun I have with them and that is it :grin:

1) Pac Man Collection

2) Mr Chin

3) Steamroller

4) Ghosts n Zombies

5) Fireman

6) Bank Panic

7) Mario Bros

8) Circus Charlie

9) Jeepers Creepers

10) Power Lords

Plus a few that I have that go into my top 10 from time to time that I had to mention (like I said I should have made it a top 20 :lol:)

Space invaders Collection

Road fighter

Sky Jaguar

Pooyan (I love this game this would be #11 and sometimes higher from time to time)

Magical Tree

Spectar

Gulkave

Zippy Race

Penguin Land

Girls Garden

My most anticipated games are

1) The Legend of Zelda (I don't think this will come out this year but I can still hope! Come on JF make it happen :grin: :thumbsup: )

2) Donkey Kong Arcade (I really hope this game will come out this year but not sure)

3) Side Trak

4) Joust (please come out this year I would love to play a complete version of these game)

5) Mr Do's Wild Ride (I'm really hoping this year)

6) Lode Runner (I'm really hoping this year)

7) 30 anniversary mystery games (I can't help it I'm dying to find out what these are! :lust: )

8) Module Man

9) Champoinship Hockey

10) Wonder Boy

11) Arcade Quality Controller (I know this is not a game but I really can't wait for this!)

12) Colecovision Trading Cards (I know this is not a game but I'm still super excited about getting these 2 different sets)

Well that was hard to do :lol: but fun :cool: :thumbsup: I'll post a picture of my top 10 in just a bit ;-)

Edited by RelliK111

Should some of the unreleased/proto games from the early 80's (such as Steamroller, Fireman, Power Lords, etc.) even be considered for a favorites list like this one? I understand that it took a Homebrew effort to make these games available on carts, but they weren't programmed or ported by a Homebrewer.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

Should some of the unreleased/proto games from the early 80's (such as Steamroller, Fireman, Power Lords, etc.) even be considered for a favorites list like this one? I understand that it took a Homebrew effort to make these games available on carts, but they weren't programmed or ported by a Homebrewer.

What do you guys think?

Completely agree with you Jim

Protos should not be considered as homebrews even if they were release as ''homebrew format''

Ya I guess your right. Since I'm not a programmer I wasn't sure which ones had work done on them and witch ones didn't, and I didn't want to leave someone out. Does that mean Steamroller, Fireman, Power Lords had no programing done, they where just put on a cart and in some cases had a box made? What about ports from SG1000 and MSX games do those have programing work done on them to make the port? I guess by removing those it will make my top 10 a little easier. I'll through up a revised list ;) :thumbsup:

Man This is tough I have a number of games that are on the way to me so I'm a little worried my list might change in a few days but here we go. Again this is on only the games I own right now and this is rated on fun I have with them and that is it :grin:

1) Pac Man Collection

2) Mr Chin

3) Ghosts n Zombies

4) Bank Panic

5) Mario Bros

6) Circus Charlie

7) Jeepers Creepers

8) Pooyan

9) Zippy Race

10) Magical Tree

Plus a few that I have that go into my top 10 from time to time that I had to mention (like I said I should have made it a top 20 :lol:)

Space invaders Collection

Road fighter

Sky Jaguar

Spectar

Gulkave

Penguin Land

Girls Garden

My most anticipated games are

1) The Legend of Zelda (I don't think this will come out this year but I can still hope! Come on JF make it happen :grin: :thumbsup: )

2) Donkey Kong Arcade (I really hope this game will come out this year but not sure)

3) Side Trak

4) Joust (please come out this year I would love to play a complete version of these game)

5) Mr Do's Wild Ride (I'm really hoping this year)

6) Lode Runner (I'm really hoping this year)

7) 30 anniversary mystery games (I can't help it I'm dying to find out what these are! :lust: )

8) Module Man

9) Champoinship Hockey

10) Wonder Boy

11) Arcade Quality Controller (I know this is not a game but I really can't wait for this!)

12) Colecovision Trading Cards (I know this is not a game but I'm still super excited about getting these 2 different sets)

Well that was hard to do :lol: but fun :cool: :thumbsup: I'll post a picture of my top 10 in just a bit ;-)

Nice I like this thread. I will put mine in order for most played I guess since I do like them all. I guess most played must mean I like them more ;)

1) Mario Bros

2) Ghosts N Zombies

3) Jeepers Creepers

4) Girls Garden

5) Chack N Pop

6) Mr Chin -- Still Addicted after playing this on HSC

7) Sky Jaguar

8) Ghost Blaster

9) Pac Man Collection

10) Comic Bakery

Noteables

I would put Gulkave up there if it wasn't so frustratingly difficult :)

I would probably put Pooyan up there as I have wanted to play it forever but someone still hasn't shipped it to me. ;)

My Godson would definately put peek a boo up there but he is just a kid what does he know :)

Haven't had time to play Pixelboy's newest releases but people are saying they are good so I am sure some of them would make it.

Can't Wait for Release.

As someone who only got Donkey Kong when first got Colecovision for christmas I have played it millions of times and can't wait for Donkey Kong Arcade.

SideTrak looked awesome and it wasn't even finished product so can't wait.

Lock N Chase was childhood favorite of intellivision so dying to get that game.

Just noticed........

This is funny how many people complained about homebrewers, publishers porting SG-1000 and MSX games while at the same time it's on everybody's top-10 list :D :lol:

Ok, they are available on their respective consoles but who cares here, about those console anyway?

I mean, I don't own any SG or MSX and do not plan to buy them anyway..... better spend money on CV stuff ;)

Don't get me wrong, these are cool consoles but I don't have any nostalgia around them, I just like their games

Edited by retroillucid
  • Like 1

Here a picture of my Top 10 Trying to fit 10 CIB games in one picture and still see them all was not easy :lol: Sorry about Magic Tree I didn't have anything to prop it up any higher.

post-27857-0-53442800-1326683578_thumb.jpg

Nice photo! :)

I like to see all those homebrews from all homebrewers all together

This is lile the peace & love era of the ColecoVision Scene :D :lol:

• Like 1

Just noticed........

This is funny how many people complained about homebrewers, publishers porting SG-1000 and MSX games while at the same time it's on everybody's top-10 list :D :lol:

Ok, they are available on their respective consoles but who cares here, about those console anyway?

I mean, I don't own any SG or MSX and do not plan to buy them anyway..... better spend money on CV stuff ;)

Don't get me wrong, these are cool consoles but I don't have any nostalgia around them, I just like their games

That is funny although I never complain about any porting to the Colecovision. I think the more games on the Colecovision the better. The SG1000 and MSX have some great games but I also never have any want or need to own those systems so the more that come to the Colecovision the better because that's just more games I get to play. I have never even heard of Bank Panic and I love that game so these ports are a huge win for me :grin:

I love seeing how many of us have lots of the same games but are all in different orders. I just think it's pretty cool

Yep, everybody choose those games but in different order, but alot of titles are the same on each list

As for me, I would say I was VERY SURPRISED with the final product of Ninja Princess

I like the game, but man! the artwork is simply awesome!

This give the game a second breath in my opinion