IGNORED

Your List of the Top 10 Favorite Homebrew ColecoVision games of All Time!

RelliK111

Here a picture of my Top 10 Trying to fit 10 CIB games in one picture and still see them all was not easy :lol: Sorry about Magic Tree I didn't have anything to prop it up any higher.

post-27857-0-53442800-1326683578_thumb.jpg

I like these plastic boxes you use to protect the cardboard boxes. Are those for sale somehwere?

Here a picture of my Top 10 Trying to fit 10 CIB games in one picture and still see them all was not easy :lol: Sorry about Magic Tree I didn't have anything to prop it up any higher.

post-27857-0-53442800-1326683578_thumb.jpg

I like these plastic boxes you use to protect the cardboard boxes. Are those for sale somehwere?

I use those boxes as well. They are superb and acid free. Currently they can be purchased from here and are sold by a very reputable AA member @jimpoleshuk. The Atari 2600 size are the ones you want. They fit ALL standard ColecoVision boxes, but not oversized ones such as Up 'n Down, the larger Epyx boxes and the deeper Activision boxes.

@ianoid on these forums also sells them but they are currently in storage and unavailable for sale at the moment. As far as I know they are essentially identical to those that jimpoleshuk sells.

• Like 1

Those cases are very nice and the site Ikrananka shows has them very cheap at only $0.84 each witch is cheaper than I think I got mine. There is a site that you can get them in bulk for as little as $0.64 each but you need to buy like 500 of them. Here is that site http://www.clearbags.com/

I believe the Atari 2600/ColecoVision size is a custom one. To buy custom sizes from Clear Bags you have to order 5,000 to 10,000 (a direct quote from an enquiry I made to them).

Ya the Atari 2600/Colecovision size is one custom size that you can get. When I talked to Clear Bags they said you can get large bulk orders the lowest they would do was 500 and if I remember right is was $0.64 but that was almost a year ago that I checked on that. I think if you get 5000 or more it was $0.49 each(I didn't have the money for that so I didn't even entertain the idea) but again that was about a year ago since I checked so things could have changed since then. The website that you showed is the way to go at $0.84 (http://videogameboxp...2600-5200-7800/) In fact I'm going to order another 25 because I'm getting low on my cases ;) .

Edited by RelliK111

Ya the Atari 2600/Colecovision size is one custom size that you can get. When I talked to Clear Bags they said you can get large bulk orders the lowest they would do was 500 and if I remember right is was $0.64 but that was almost a year ago that I checked on that. I think if you get 5000 or more it was $0.49 each(I didn't have the money for that so I didn't even entertain the idea) but again that was about a year ago since I checked so things could have changed since then. The website that you showed is the way to go at $0.84 (http://videogameboxp...2600-5200-7800/) In fact I'm going to order another 25 because I'm getting low on my cases.

I really want custom boxes for the deep Activision boxes, Up n' Down and the Epyx boxes. Unfortunately, these would all be different so three different sizes are needed there. Even at 500, I just don't think that there is a big market for them to sell on.

I have all of my standard sized games in these boxes and I can only recommed them to others for long term protection while keeping them on display.

Ya the Atari 2600/Colecovision size is one custom size that you can get. When I talked to Clear Bags they said you can get large bulk orders the lowest they would do was 500 and if I remember right is was $0.64 but that was almost a year ago that I checked on that. I think if you get 5000 or more it was $0.49 each(I didn't have the money for that so I didn't even entertain the idea) but again that was about a year ago since I checked so things could have changed since then. The website that you showed is the way to go at $0.84 (http://videogameboxp...2600-5200-7800/) In fact I'm going to order another 25 because I'm getting low on my cases.

I really want custom boxes for the deep Activision boxes, Up n' Down and the Epyx boxes. Unfortunately, these would all be different so three different sizes are needed there. Even at 500, I just don't think that there is a big market for them to sell on.

I have all of my standard sized games in these boxes and I can only recommed them to others for long term protection while keeping them on display.

I know a guy who can do cases like VGA style custom sizes but they would most likely be about $20 a piece if you ever want to do that. I would haft to give him the exact size for a price I'm just estimating at $20

I know a guy who can do cases like VGA style custom sizes but they would most likely be about $20 a piece if you ever want to do that. I would haft to give him the exact size for a price I'm just estimating at $20

Thanks, but I really just want to stick with the clear PET style cases. I appreciate the thought.

1. Ninja Princess

2. Gulkave

3. Sky Jaguar

4. Star Force

5. Pac-man Collection

6. Magical Tree

7. Bomb & Blast

8. Ozma Wars

9. Penguin Land

10. Pitfall II

Hey, you don't have Mario Bros right? :D ;)

No, I dont have Mario Bros. I want one.. ;-) Do you have an extra one laying around I could buy! ;)

1. Ninja Princess

2. Gulkave

3. Sky Jaguar

4. Star Force

5. Pac-man Collection

6. Magical Tree

7. Bomb & Blast

8. Ozma Wars

9. Penguin Land

10. Pitfall II

Hey, you don't have Mario Bros right? :D ;)

No, I dont have Mario Bros. I want one.. ;-)

I knew! That's why its not in your top-10

Kidding.... maybe there's people who hate it? :D

If you buy the SD cart from Atarimax, you'll get the rom file with it....with Mr.Chin too ;)

When the WaferCart will be ready, I'll re-release Mario Bros with Save High Score feature...

So to go along the SuperGames like Super Zaxxon, Super DK, Super Buck Rogers,

I'll call it: Super Mario Bros ...... oh! ... wait? .... it already exist as another mario game :D

Mario Wafer! :D

I will have to maybe get a WaferCart....

When the WaferCart will be ready, I'll re-release Mario Bros with Save High Score feature...

So to go along the SuperGames like Super Zaxxon, Super DK, Super Buck Rogers,

I'll call it: Super Mario Bros ...... oh! ... wait? .... it already exist as another mario game :D

Mario Wafer! :D

I will have to maybe get a WaferCart....

If you want the ''real deal'' than, yes

I'm hoping to re-release it on WaferCart before the end of 2012, keeping fingers crossed

I knew! That's why its not in your top-10

Kidding.... maybe there's people who hate it? :D

If you buy the SD cart from Atarimax, you'll get the rom file with it....with Mr.Chin too ;)

Mr Chin is one of my favorites, if not favorite homebrew game. It is so addicting! :lol: I had a lot of trouble witch one I should put on #1 Pacman or Mr Chin. I only went with Pac man Collection because it had Ms Pacman on it also. That is one thing I was super surpised about is, I would have thought for sure Mr Chin would be on more peoples Top 10 :? :ponder: I'm not calling anyone out in anyway because I wouldn't do that, I just think some more people need to play more Mr Chin :grin:

Edited by RelliK111

Ok may be I will call someone out.... retroillucid! Why don't you have it in your top 10 :lol:

I'm just kidding :lol: :lol: :rolling: :rolling:

I just think that game needs more love :cool:

:lol: Top 10 is .... you know.... there's more than 10 homebrew games I like!

Man! so though to choose only 10.... I only pick those I had in mind when I posted...

Ok... guilty! :D :lol:

• Like 1

Ok may be I will call someone out.... retroillucid! Why don't you have it in your top 10 :lol:

I'm just kidding :lol: :lol: :rolling: :rolling:

I just think that game needs more love :cool:

:lol: Top 10 is .... you know.... there's more than 10 homebrew games I like!

Man! so though to choose only 10.... I only pick those I had in mind when I posted...

Ok... guilty! :D :lol:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Mr Chin has lots of depth. In the later levels its crazy! Trying to keep the plates spinning while dodging knifes and plates getting rolled at you and dropping down levels!! It just has everything that makes retro games so much fun! Oh my god I'm going to play some more Mr Chin :lol: I love that game!

Edited by RelliK111

Mr Chin has lots of depth. In the later levels its crazy! Trying to keep the plates spinning while dodging knifes and plates getting rolled at you and dropping down levels!! It just has everything that makes retro games so much fun! Oh my god I'm going to play some more Mr Chin :lol: I love that game!

Fun Fact about Mr Chin is this is not a direct port of the MSX game

I used to make my own colors for the later levels since I sucked at the MSX game

I had to admit I was playing the MSX MrChin using blueMSX and did played it on keyboard.....ouch!

• Like 1