IGNORED

Your List of the Top 10 Favorite Homebrew ColecoVision games of All Time!

RelliK111

When the WaferCart will be ready, I'll re-release Mario Bros with Save High Score feature...

So to go along the SuperGames like Super Zaxxon, Super DK, Super Buck Rogers,

I'll call it: Super Mario Bros ...... oh! ... wait? .... it already exist as another mario game :D

Mario Wafer! :D

I will have to maybe get a WaferCart....

If you want the ''real deal'' than, yes

I'm hoping to re-release it on WaferCart before the end of 2012, keeping fingers crossed

Noted. ;)

I'm supprised that noone has even mentioned this great game from Scott Huggins:

1. Frantic

That is an incredible game but unfortunately it was never 100% completed, although I never experienced any problems playing the rom, and made available on cart. I wasn't sure if Relik meant for cart releases only or not so I didn't list it in my Top 10.

Jim,

The original poster said nothing about released anything and said we could mention whatever we wanted. That's a great game unfinished or not as you said.

" would also like to see every one's most anticipated games of 2012 since there is so many coming out this year I think it would cool!"

I would like to see Donkey Kong Arcade. As it stands now, there is no Colecovision Donkey Kong version that is good. Back in the early 80's it was OK I guess but I'm supprised that noone has updated it. Probably the best version was the Adam Supergame version with the high-score table but it was marginally better at best. It attempted the Pie Factory as did Super DK but it was abysmal. Other systems ended up having decent versions.

If someone hasn't tried Donkey Kong II on arcade MAME then you are missing something. Four original levels with four more superb levels and all the bells and whistles.

I'm supprised that noone has even mentioned this great game from Scott Huggins:

1. Frantic

That is an incredible game but unfortunately it was never 100% completed, although I never experienced any problems playing the rom, and made available on cart. I wasn't sure if Relik meant for cart releases only or not so I didn't list it in my Top 10.

My idea was homebrew released games that if someone wanted they could buy or track down from Collectors or Homebrews sellers like CollectorVision, PixelBoy, and Opcode. We all agreeded that 80's protos don't count either, but if everyone says a unreleased roms would count I don't mind, my vote would be no though because in my list I only have games that I own right now, and can take a picture of to show. Also if anybody wants I would love to see pictures of there top 10 kind of in the same fashion I put up. I just thought it would be cool to see other peoples collection of there favorite games, but like everything here it's all optional and to have fun ;-) :thumbsup:

Edited by RelliK111

@Niad I see you have all the homebrews from the Atariage store,

I have been planning on buying a few of those, only i find the plastic VHS style boxes a bit of a turn off

Anyway which ones would you recommend when it comes to play value?

Lucifershalo hit it right on the money as far as Terra Attack and Astro Invader, but I have a sweet spot for Spectar since it was one of the infamous vaporware titles by Coleco. BTW, these are all games programmed by Scott Huggins and are top-notch and VERY challenging games.

Reversi is a GREAT version of Othello by Daniel Bienvenu/NewColeco, but I understand this type of game may not be the most desired. What nice is that you can download the full version (as well as all his other games) from Daniel's website to try out via an emulator or AtariMax cart

I hate to say it, but I do not recommend the Cosmo Fighter games by Marcel de Kogel unless you are a collector and have to have them. These two games have been far superceded by Sky Jaguar (Opcode Games) and Star Force (Team PixelBoy).

In all honesty, I haven't played Squares enough to really give it a fair judgement (sorry 5-11under), but I do plan to spend some time playing this one soon... it just kept getting pushed back time and time again by all the homebrew releases last year.

Check out Olie's great website for a lengthy list of downloadable rom files for play via emulators or multicart:

http://www.colecovision.dk/

In all honesty, I haven't played Squares enough to really give it a fair judgement (sorry 5-11under), but I do plan to spend some time playing this one soon... it just kept getting pushed back time and time again by all the homebrew releases last year.

No problem. I can take it, I think. ;) I think it's pretty fun, but does get a bit nerve-wracking as time passes... it was my first effort... it would have been nice if there was a bit of a break in the action now and then, or some variety besides just getting more difficult (although there are some periods of time when the treasures show up very quickly). At this point, it's go-go-go until you're done. On the surface, it's a very simple game, which is good in some ways, but bad in others. The good news is that it was only $17 loose including shipping, and is now $25 "boxed" via AA.

I haven't played probably even half of the homebrews that have been released over the years, and I bet there are those out there that I may like better than what I have played/own, but as of now my favourites are:

1. Mario Brothers - perhaps the arcade game I played most as a kid, and a beautiful job of bringing this to the CV.

2. Pac-Man Collection - another often-played arcade game, and this game is what got me back into collecting CV - I came across posts here about it dating back many years, and the anticipation for this got me spending money collecting other games.

3. Ninja Princess - I love linear kinds of games like this, and I just got it, so that's why it gets a high place on my list.

4. Magical Tree - Same as Ninja Princess, it was #3 until I got Ninja Princess.

5. Circus Charlie - Another fun game that I just can't seem to stop playing.

6. Pitfall II - I didn't really play this as a kid, but I'm really enjoying it now.

7. Sky Jaguar - Love me some old school shmup action.

8. Gulkave - What can I say - I'm a glutton for punishment. This game makes me realize how crummy the stock CV controller is for games that require rapid and repeated button pushes.

9. Yie Ar Kung Fu - I played this a ton on a buddy's C64 as a kid, so it's no surprise I love playing this one.

10. Space Invaders Collection - granted Space Invaders was just slightly ahead of my arcade addiction as a kid, but SIC showed me just how faithfully the CV could reproduce some arcade classics.

I'm most looking forward to Donkey Kong Arcade and SIde Trak. Can't wait, and I wish I had more cash for homebrews! Thanks to all those whose efforts have allowed us to see what the CV was really meant to be.

hmm, didnt see ghostblaster or jeepers creepers in those pictures. those are 2 great games !

Yes, I am missing both of those games unfortunately... got back into the Coleco scene a little too late and missed the boat on a number of titles. :mad:

Thankfully Daniel made them available to download freely and we've been able to enjoy them thru emulators or multicarts! :thumbsup:

I'm also waiting to get ghostblaster, I'm praying that I will be able to get it |:) . My money is ready and waiting on that one. You really can't knock anyone for not having Ghostblaster or Jeepers Creepers in there collection. Those games are super hard just to find much less pay for.

Edited by RelliK111

Since NIAD Posted his awesome Picture of Ms Space Fury Signed and #1 of 75 :lust: :lust: :lust: (If you can't tell I'm jealous) :lol:

I thought I would throw up a pictures of my 2 signed games. I hope you can see the Space Invaders Signature (it's was with a purple pen so it's a little hard to see but I love it all the same)

Jeepers Creepers was Dans own copy that he keep for himself and then later sold to me. He told me he keep #25 because when Jeepers Creepers was released it was on the ColecoVision's 25th Anniversary. He also made a utube video of him signing it and getting it ready to mail out. That was also super cool

Here's the link to the video

post-27857-0-90151300-1327036647_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-42730000-1327036668_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-86538600-1327036689_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-49245500-1327036708_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-68208100-1327036729_thumb.jpgpost-27857-0-16107600-1327036749_thumb.jpg

I recall to had seen a ''coffin box'' of Jepper Creepers ,.... I think these were limited edition

These were AWESOME!

I have heard of those but have never seen one myself, If anyone has one I would love them to post a picture ;-) I would love to see it. The box I have was courtesy of yourself and Luc :cool: :thumbsup: and I haft to say I truly love it! Amazing artwork!

@Niad I see you have all the homebrews from the Atariage store,

I have been planning on buying a few of those, only i find the plastic VHS style boxes a bit of a turn off

Anyway which ones would you recommend when it comes to play value?

Lucifershalo hit it right on the money as far as Terra Attack and Astro Invader, but I have a sweet spot for Spectar since it was one of the infamous vaporware titles by Coleco. BTW, these are all games programmed by Scott Huggins and are top-notch and VERY challenging games.

Reversi is a GREAT version of Othello by Daniel Bienvenu/NewColeco, but I understand this type of game may not be the most desired. What nice is that you can download the full version (as well as all his other games) from Daniel's website to try out via an emulator or AtariMax cart

I hate to say it, but I do not recommend the Cosmo Fighter games by Marcel de Kogel unless you are a collector and have to have them. These two games have been far superceded by Sky Jaguar (Opcode Games) and Star Force (Team PixelBoy).

Check out Olie's great website for a lengthy list of downloadable rom files for play via emulators or multicart:

http://www.colecovision.dk/

Thanks guys!

this time i'm trying to be more of a gamer, rather than a crazy collector, already walked that path with the Atari 2600.

So i guess i should give the Scott Huggins games a try!

I recall to had seen a ''coffin box'' of Jepper Creepers ,.... I think these were limited edition

These were AWESOME!

I have heard of those but have never seen one myself, If anyone has one I would love them to post a picture ;-) I would love to see it. The box I have was courtesy of yourself and Luc :cool: :thumbsup: and I haft to say I truly love it! Amazing artwork!

Thanks. :)

I believe the coffin box was only for #1 of Jeepers Creepers.

I'm also waiting to get ghostblaster, I'm praying that I will be able to get it |:) . My money is ready and waiting on that one. You really can't knock anyone for not having Ghostblaster or Jeepers Creepers in there collection. Those games are super hard just to find much less pay for.

So does Dale Wick still have copies og Ghostblaster to sell, or has he already sold them all? As for Jeepers Creepers, it's just ironic:Albert is sitting on 100 boxes which I had printed for the AtariAge edition of the game, and Albert never found the time to release it. Not sure what happened with that...

So does Dale Wick still have copies og Ghostblaster to sell, or has he already sold them all? As for Jeepers Creepers, it's just ironic:Albert is sitting on 100 boxes which I had printed for the AtariAge edition of the game, and Albert never found the time to release it. Not sure what happened with that...

Why not send him a pm to see whats happening, i would buy one.