IGNORED

Shoot'em up

DrTypo

Thanks :) This is great. Not that I'll probably have much time to look over this during the next few months :(

This might be a dumb question, but is the C compiler an ST one? I have an ST and a TT, but I'm not sure where they are, I think they're stored at my old house, haha. I suppose an emulator would work for this.

Another question - you've provided the original graphics files and the Jag graphics files - a simple assumption would be that if new graphics for the game were created then converted (I've seen tools somewhere, can't remember...Justclaws perhaps) then it was compiled again it would (or should) work fine?

The compiler is a PC one. I code in a Win7 64 environment, with PSPad as the editor.

You're right about the graphics file: if you want to make new graphics, you can modify the existing bmp files, convert them to cry files then rebuild the game.

However you must keep the bitmap the same size. If you change the size, you'll have to modify the code accordingly.

I use bmp_cry to convert the files. This tools is listed on the Jagware link from the post by GT Turbo.

• Like 3

Isn't there stuff already in the Atari libraries to automatically deal with PAL and NTSC differences?

There is initialization code to set up various hardware registers according to PAL or NTSC settings. However it's doesn't tell you that 232 lines doesn't fit on a NTSC screen.

• Like 1

Cool to see a newcomer in te Jag dev scene and as noone is perfect, the guy is french such as me :D (quality seal ? :D)

I am still surprised to read on a websites dedicated to Atari Jag fans some people who just criticize the work done.

Come on, this is a first attemp to code for the Jag which is not the easisest system to code on the world :o

Moreover,Dr Typo is releasing it to us for free so at least let's welcome him instead of starting saying it does not use the Jaguar capabilies...

Let's welcome Dr Typo and whish him all the best with his beats ;)

Edited by Felyx
  • Like 8

• 5 months later...

Cool to see a newcomer in te Jag dev scene and as noone is perfect, the guy is french such as me :D (quality seal ? :D)

I am still surprised to read on a websites dedicated to Atari Jag fans some people who just criticize the work done.

Come on, this is a first attemp to code for the Jag which is not the easisest system to code on the world :o

Moreover,Dr Typo is releasing it to us for free so at least let's welcome him instead of starting saying it does not use the Jaguar capabilies...

Let's welcome Dr Typo and whish him all the best with his beats ;)

Yeah that seems to be a problem here with certain people. Just rude.

Thanks Typo

• 7 months later...

Is this verison the one that fixed the problem with the screen? Being able to see the score line at the top? I burned a version of this game but can never see the top of the screen. I burned the cd a while ago and can't remember if this was the version I used.

Thanks.

CD image available on Jagware :

http://www.jagware.o...indpost&p=14200

GT :)

Thanks to SH3 (Reboot) for the CD image