IGNORED

Atari PC1 computer

tjlazer

• 3 weeks later...
The PC-1 was in the MegaST case. The other Atari PCs were more like generic screwdriver shop systems with Atari stickers on them. (I'd still take one tho!)

I have an Atari PC-4 computer, missing the keyboard and mouse but more or less complete otherwise, and surprisingly, it isn't quite as generic as a computer that would have come from a "screwdriver shop". The motherboard inside is an Atari-designed motherboard, and it includes some unique features: it has integrated VGA with both 15-pin analog and 9-pin digital monitor ports, and they also moved the DIN-5 keyboard port and one of the serial ports to the side of the machine, toward the front, to make it easier to plug in a keyboard and a serial mouse. There is also a connector on the back for an external floppy drive, and it looks the same as the floppy drive port on the Atari ST computers, so I assume that Atari's floppy drives will work on the PC-4 as well.

(And yes, I'd love to have a PC-1 also. I've got a bunch of IBM PC games from Atarisoft, and I think a PC-1 would be the perfect machine for them. Plus, I love its "pizza box" design.)

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

You may be in luck.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/214399-vintage-heaven-treasures-of-the-past/page__st__25?do=findComment&comment=2799682

I have an Atari PC-4 computer, missing the keyboard and mouse but more or less complete otherwise, and surprisingly, it isn't quite as generic as a computer that would have come from a "screwdriver shop". The motherboard inside is an Atari-designed motherboard, and it includes some unique features: it has integrated VGA with both 15-pin analog and 9-pin digital monitor ports, and they also moved the DIN-5 keyboard port and one of the serial ports to the side of the machine, toward the front, to make it easier to plug in a keyboard and a serial mouse. There is also a connector on the back for an external floppy drive, and it looks the same as the floppy drive port on the Atari ST computers, so I assume that Atari's floppy drives will work on the PC-4 as well.

If your ever thinking of selling it, I'd definately be interested. Just thought I'd put it out there. ;-)