Megaman Legends

• 3 months later...

Also Protector for me. Actually never really liked Defender, but Protector reintroduced me to it, now I love Defender (and Protector). The vertical screen of the Vectrex is not ideal for this title, but it works, and the slick vector rendition is amazing. I like the little people you are defending in Protector, they're so small they almost look like little LED patterns like on the tabletop games, rather than vectors. $12 on cartridge from Classic Game Creations? Outrageous!

2nd fav is I, Cyborg. Beyond that I'm not sure. Sectis is cool. Haven't played Vector Pilot. Haven't played Spikes Circus. Both look awesome.

Edited by gliptitude

I have Vextrexians and Vector Pilot heading my way this week, I'm thinking one of them will be my favorite.

But I also have Warrior coming this way soon (#149/#150), so the other two might have a run for their money.

Warrior, how could I have forgotten about it? I'm #70 if I remember correctly. Isn't it coming Sept/ Oct?

Also Vectrexians, please review it for us! I haven't decided to buy it yet.

My favorite is Protector. Amazingly perfect. (was Vecmania w/Birds of Prey.)

I sent Protector overlay designs to VectrexMad who made professional overlays, and the one who ebay's home-made reproductions. Been waiting to hear back. Seems Protector is a favorite, someone can make money.

Who doesn't want green mountains, red aliens, blue score, and colored radar?

Best I have been able to make is inkjet transparency and inkjet window static sticker and layer the two together for richer colors. Best results come with precise cutting to the exact overlay size so it stays in place.

The release date for Warrior begins on 25 June 2012.

Sweet, I'd totally forgotten that Warrior was coming out soon!

@ iesposta -- If you like Galaxian you should absolutely pick up Vectrexian, it's a phenomenal conversion! The controls and collision detection are spot-on, it looks and sounds great, and there's even a new ending animation (well, more like an intermission really) after stage 20. Also, I just have to say that Kristof's overlays do an excellent job creating the illusion of colored vectors... those vivid colors really make the graphics pop!

Oh, this isn't even a contest. Protector/YASI isn't just the best homebrew Vectrex release, it's one of the best Vectrex games period. You get a sharp conversion of Defender and a port of Space Invaders that looks eerily like the original on a vector display. Can it get any better than that?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No "Vec Fu"-Love here? :_(

I've played it and it is good, but it was never completed so I didn't think to mention it. At least the guy who released the rom said he wasn't going to complete anyway.

Yes, it was never completed but you know he did update it to a more finsihed state in September 2010. This "newer" version has a lot more enemies. The original from 2007 only had one enemy.

I've played it and it is good, but it was never completed so I didn't think to mention it. At least the guy who released the rom said he wasn't going to complete anyway.

Yes, it was never completed but you know he did update it to a more finsihed state in September 2010. This "newer" version has a lot more enemies. The original from 2007 only had one enemy.

Got a link?

It's like 90% now of what the original intended game was, anyway.

• 2 months later...