I just picked up a vectrex with some games and it is everything i hoped it would be. My favorite that I've played on an actual vectrex is Web Wars, 2nd is Fortress of Narzod. Both of them are very stylish and nice looking, pretty unique games, with a convincing 3D aspect to them.

I love web wars I would always flore it(think it was max of 210 or 240m) and die instantly XD

Star Trek: the Motion Picture

Of course, that game had nothing to do with the movie. Instead of V'Ger, it's a shooter like Battlezone where Captain Kirk has to guide the starship Enterprise against constant waves of Klingons and Romulans. Just what did Kirk do to anger the whole universe?

I just picked up a vectrex with some games and it is everything i hoped it would be. My favorite that I've played on an actual vectrex is Web Wars, 2nd is Fortress of Narzod. Both of them are very stylish and nice looking, pretty unique games, with a convincing 3D aspect to them.

I love web wars I would always flore it(think it was max of 210 or 240m) and die instantly XD

Yes it is awesome how the whole thing speeds up, the audio too, when you move forward in the "web". I usually prefer to try to collect the trophies and points, but if my game goes bad I too revert to flying as fast as i can and dodging enemies until I die. The objective of the game engages me though and there is almost nothing about the game that I don't love.

I was looking for a highlight of my new love affair with the Vectrex and Web Wars is definitely it. I think people's taste in Vectrex games varies, but Web Wars (the overlay is a must) is absolutely essential. It's just a beautiful game. For me it is definitely right up there in my list of all time console favorites: Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Bionic Commando, Advance Wars DS, Zelda Link to the Past, Phantasy Star I and II, Marvel v Capcom 2, Super Mario Strikers, RBI baseball 3, ... WEB WARS!

Favorite one-player game: Minestorm

Favorite two-player game: Space Wars or Rip Off

Favorite homebrew: Vector Pilot

I'd like to get Protector/YASI. I hadn't heard of this Qix/Tempest cart -- if the ROM is around, I guess that's another reason to get a flashcart (I have the 72-in-1 multicart).

I'd like to get Protector/YASI. I hadn't heard of this Qix/Tempest cart -- if the ROM is around, I guess that's another reason to get a flashcart (I have the 72-in-1 multicart).

Does this or any of the multicarts have a save state function? I was wondering if I got one with the old animation program on it if I could use it with one of these new lightpens that are available to make some visuals that I would be able to keep and show people, (i'm assuming the original animation program does not have the ability to save or export work).

nope. the best homebrew award goes to Christopher Tumber's VIX/Tsunami, as in Qix and Tempest on one cart.

I do love VIX/Tsunami...

But I think I give the edge to Protector/YASI..... Not by much tho..

(And Spinnerama is a great cart too!!!)

And if I owned Vector Pilot, it would be up there... It looks great....

(Just haven't been able to justify/free up the money for that....)

From the original games, I do love Minestorm..

It's the Vectrex game I play the most..

(Luckily for me, I'm not good enough to get close to level 13) ;-)

desiv

Edited by desiv

I, Cyborg is an incredible post GCE game. It's a bit challenging, but I have never seen a homebrew Vectrex game, or an original GCE game, with as much depth as this. It is a bit too difficult for my taste and the controls are kind of obscure, but the production as a whole is a work of art. Majority of homebrew games are clones, as far as I have seen. I, Cyborg is unprecedented. Totally inspired celebration of the vector.