IGNORED

2600 sound problem

rsb0204

not sure if this is the right place to put this but it seems like the most appropriate.

I have a atari 2600 dark vader and im having problems with the sound, i have it connected to a switch box that switches between my tv antenna and the atari. one day i forgot to switch to my tv antenna before watching tv about 20 minits later i figured out it was still on the atari (witch explaned the crappy reception) i switced it over to the antenna and continued to watch tv. later however when i tryed to use my atar it would play fine but it wouldent make a sound. so im trying to figure out what could have happened to my sound aka: what did i break? Could i have burned something out by useing it as an antenna? Its just not as fun to play without the sound. any help would be appriciated.

If you left the Atari on for a long period of time, its possible the audio chip is fried. I accidently did the same thing with my colecovision, and one day I went to play it, and the graphics were all garbled, because the VRAM chips were fried from being on too long. There's no fans in these older consoles, and they also inconveniently lack any power LEDs, so forgetting to turn it off is probably a common problem we all run into with these systems.

Edited by Lodmot