IGNORED

Ebay drying up?

qix_maniac

I think it's due to the post-Christmas slump, as well - - craigslist has a similar pattern where for two months after Christmas the amount of posts drops drastically.

Don't worry, people will start getting their tax returns (or having to paytheir tax returns!) and then the goods will roll back out . . . we hope! :D

-a2a

I've stopped selling on eBay due to the skyrocketing charges they impose on sellers. My mother told me she's through with eBay too, for the same reason.

I'm sure it's all reasons mentioned that contribute to it all though.

This is why I list my $30 sio2pc-usb dongles for $50... cause i come out just over $30, and I have to deal with questions like 'Can I use this to play my 2600 games loaded from my PC?' or better 'will this allow my 800 to run 130XE games using the extra memory of my PC?'

answer to questions are free... answers to really stupid questions cost...

sloopy.

• Like 3

For me now, if it's computer/console related I sell on Game Gavel (which has a monthly subscription and that's it and if you list 20 items or less per month that subscription fee is $1.99 per month), or just on any market places in forums like AA or system specific ones. Anything else I put up for sale on Craig's List.

Edited by Gunstar

This is why I list my $30 sio2pc-usb dongles for $50... cause i come out just over $30, and I have to deal with questions like 'Can I use this to play my 2600 games loaded from my PC?' or better 'will this allow my 800 to run 130XE games using the extra memory of my PC?'

sloopy.

he he, I've just got a question from a bidder for one of my 10502PC, s/he asked what kind of cable(s) s/he would need, even though the listing clearly indicates what cables are needed. I wanted to scream "READ THE BLOODY LISTING" but of course I ended up repeating the obvious one more time....oh well....

By the way sloopy, when do you list your SIO2PC-usb dongles, never remember seeing one on ebay (I am monitoring all ATARI related sales on eBay -- using the Auction Sieve software). I wonder if that's because I am in Canada and you only list/ship to US?

I agree 100% because charging commission on shipping is crazy. I also think paypal fees are higher too and it's an ebay company so they enjoy the double dip or more like trip dip; plus post office prices went up too so it's another bonus for ebay

eBay + Paypal take %13 + $.30 of every sale, that's a hell of a commision. And I agree, it's almost criminal that they take a cut from shipping cost.

They could have prevented people from inflating the shipping cost using other methods, like checking in software that one can only charge according to the shipping calculator. And if the seller inflated the shipping cost by overstating the weight or dimensions that would have been caught buy the buyer. But eBay chose the easy and most profitable way to circumvent inflated shipping costs, guess who looses in this case :mad:

Same thing is happening over here. You know the global economy is in trouble when you can't find a decently priced XL.

Not too bad over here in Canada, I just won this: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2708950313561?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=270895031356&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER](negotiated a better shipping cost with the seller)

and this: eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2307302665721?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=230730266572&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The 65XE had memory errors and wouldn't boot, took me a couple of hrs to revive it back to it's former glory

One more ATARI saved from going to the graveyard... :)

post-15627-0-37287300-1327569237_thumb.jpg

post-15627-0-39961800-1327569275_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

sloopy.

he he, I've just got a question from a bidder for one of my 10502PC, s/he asked what kind of cable(s) s/he would need, even though the listing clearly indicates what cables are needed. I wanted to scream "READ THE BLOODY LISTING" but of course I ended up repeating the obvious one more time....oh well....

By the way sloopy, when do you list your SIO2PC-usb dongles, never remember seeing one on ebay (I am monitoring all ATARI related sales on eBay -- using the Auction Sieve software). I wonder if that's because I am in Canada and you only list/ship to US?

I only listed once, and put 5 up, all 5 sold... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1707335882471?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170733588247&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and yes, i got those questions too... plus one 'will this work on my commodore 64?'

I have more to put up, but they wont have the two LED's, too much of a pain in the arse for them... future 'Deluxe' versions will have single 'activity' LED...

i just need to finish assembly...

sloopy.

sloopy.

I only listed once, and put 5 up, all 5 sold... eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1707335882471?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=170733588247&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

and yes, i got those questions too... plus one 'will this work on my commodore 64?'

I have more to put up, but they wont have the two LED's, too much of a pain in the arse for them... future 'Deluxe' versions will have single 'activity' LED...

sloopy.

Cool, I like it... fits into the SIO plug... guess this one is the FT232R version.... I assume you have a different design for the 1489 serial version, pretty hard to fit a DB9 and a 1489 into that small plug ;)

sloopy.

sloopy.

Cool, I like it... fits into the SIO plug... guess this one is the FT232R version.... I assume you have a different design for the 1489 serial version, pretty hard to fit a DB9 and a 1489 into that small plug ;)

Yes there is a whole thread about them on here :')

I dont make serial ones anymore, everyone wants USB anymore... and the people who want serial usually want to build it themselves...

sloopy.

sloopy.

sloopy.

I dont make serial ones anymore, everyone wants USB anymore... and the people who want serial usually want to build it themselves...

sloopy.

I still sell them, sure they're not as popular as the USB but they have an added advantage of being able to be used with a serial-to-usb adaptor (and as an added bonus - for me anyway - they look vintage) .

Ray

Edited by atari8warez

sloopy.

sloopy.

sloopy.

I still sell them, sure they're not as popular as the USB but they have an added advantage of being able to be used with a serial-to-usb connector.

Ray

If someone asked me for one, i have the parts to make them... its just no one has asked for a serial one in a long time...

not to mention, i can make a simple/plain sio2pc-usb for ~$20-25...

sloopy.