IGNORED

What are your favorite unheard of games for the VCS?

Megaman Legends

For me, it's No Escape by Imagic. Very, very different gameplay mechanic where you're knocking blocks out of the ceiling, and those blocks destroy the floating enemies. If you hit one directly when trying to knock blocks out, you cause it to multiply.

I JUST got that game a couple weeks ago. Honestly, I hadn't heard of it, so when I saw it I definitely picked it up. I played on default and found it lacking - there's basically no way to die, and when you clear all the blocks nothing happens. I guess you need to play one of the higher variations?

I discovered Encounter at L-5 earlier in the year and really dug it.

Xonox's Ghost Manor was always a favorite. Not that rare, but not a 'household name' type of game, either.

I think I'm #6 to mention Fast Eddie, which should say something about the game. Fun little gem and quite addictive.

The only other obscure titles I can think of that I play on a regular basis are Fantastic Voyage (a better Vanguard than Vanguard) and Kung Fu Master. The latter is fast and has tight controls but does take at least moderate skill/familiarity with how it plays (need precise hits, not button mashing) to not think it sucks.

Oh, I'd also say Frankenstein's Monster but I'm sure it's fairly well known because of it's cool factor.

I actually can't answer this question because if I have not heard of the game, I do not know what it is.

Slightly related, though, I heard back in the day that there was a 'Battle of the Planets' 2600 game, one of my friends said he had it and would taunt me with details. But he could never produce real evidence. I always wished it was real, though...

Beamrider - I'm impressed with how this game gets progressively more difficult by introducing new enemies deep into the game.

Space Attack - nearly identical to the Intellivision version. Most people don't have or haven't read the directions so they don't get the full enjoyment from the game.