IGNORED

Blinky Goes Up (formerly GIANA BROS)

Jan Hermanns

Hello everyone,

hereby I officially rename my game!

The new title is "Blinky goes up".

post-26871-0-92741700-1328811003_thumb.png

I was a bit reluctant, but I think it turned out quite well and the best part is: it saves me approx. 100 Bytes of ROM :-)

Hope you guys like the new title(screen)...

Nice :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Jan -- Any idea when the final version will be completed?

Thanks,

B

My plan is to finish everything til end of may.

Because I recently got in contact with someone who's got a booth for retro games (http://www.return-magazin.de/) at the gamescom 2012 (http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/) and I want to show it there.

So don't worry, I'm still working on it ;-)

• Like 1

I played this with my new harmony cart and I must say that I am very impressed with the fun game play. It looks good on real hardware. The falling death seemed a bit frustrating at first but it does add challenge to the game. The sound effects will really make this game rock. Great job and I would love to make a nice professional box for this when u r ready to do a release. Either way, I dont want to miss out on having this on a cart.

YOU PROGRAMMERS ARE AMAZING!

I played this with my new harmony cart and I must say that I am very impressed with the fun game play. It looks good on real hardware. The falling death seemed a bit frustrating at first but it does add challenge to the game. The sound effects will really make this game rock. Great job and I would love to make a nice professional box for this when u r ready to do a release. Either way, I dont want to miss out on having this on a cart.

Thanks for testing it! Good to know, that it runs ok on real hardware :-)

Your offer concerning the box is really nice - but I'm really looking forward doing the box, manual and label design by myself, sorry. I hope your not disappointed.

Thanks for testing it! Good to know, that it runs ok on real hardware :-)

Your offer concerning the box is really nice - but I'm really looking forward doing the box, manual and label design by myself, sorry. I hope your not disappointed.

Not at all, (well maybe a little, LOL) I thought it would be worth a shot, because fun games like this don't come around very often... I am looking forward to YOUR box, cart and manual combo when ever you decide to release it. You can count me in for the pre-order!

Any idea of a time frame for release?

Not at all, (well maybe a little, LOL) I thought it would be worth a shot, because fun games like this don't come around very often... I am looking forward to YOUR box, cart and manual combo when ever you decide to release it. You can count me in for the pre-order!

Any idea of a time frame for release?

Hopefully end of may - see 6 posts above from here ;-)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How's this coming along?

It's finished!

The final game has 6 Levels and (as promised) sound/FX.

I've also done a PAL version in addition to the NTSC version.

And I couldn't resist to add some gimmicks:

- When you don't move Blinky for a longer time period he gets impatient and

taps with his foot

- There is a small surprise at the end when you play a perfect game (i.e.

collect every gold nugget and don't loose a life)

So the programming job is completely done!

I'm now designing the box as well as the manual.

The game will be released on cartridge. I can't tell you an exact release date,

but I'm currently working on that with the guys from http://2600connection.atari.org/

After the cartridge release I'll plan to give the ROM images and the source

code (if someone is interested) to the public domain.

• Like 2