IGNORED

Blinky Goes Up (formerly GIANA BROS)

Jan Hermanns

This game is really great!

You really should be proud of it. If I saw the game before this thread I couldn't say this is a homebrew or a comany developed game!

I like very much when an arcade game is ported or when a good hack improves some original game. But this is different as many said before this game stands on its own, you've made an awesome game, I'm glad you changed its name.

I'm looking foward to buying a copy when it's done.

And I can't wait to see another games with this engine. Don't forget to release the code in a free software license, better than releasing in public domain.

Sounds great. I'll be gone until August, so please keep me in mind when you release this so I don't miss out.

Don't worry, I'll let you know.

I'm currently designing the box.

Here is a little teaser.

I hope you people like it...

Blinky3DBox.png

That box looks GREAT.

This game is really great!

You really should be proud of it. If I saw the game before this thread I couldn't say this is a homebrew or a comany developed game!

I like very much when an arcade game is ported or when a good hack improves some original game. But this is different as many said before this game stands on its own, you've made an awesome game, I'm glad you changed its name.

I'm looking foward to buying a copy when it's done.

And I can't wait to see another games with this engine. Don't forget to release the code in a free software license, better than releasing in public domain.

That box looks GREAT.

Thank you guys, it is this sort of feedback that keeps me doing it!

• 1 month later...

Looking great! Say I think the 2600 just got a brand new mascot!

Speaking of mascots - am I the only one who thinks this looks like an animated version of the 2012 Olympic mascots (although with the important difference of not being rubbish)?

looks cool though

Still think Blinky in the Drinky is a better title. :P

I love the box art. I really want to see this come to fruition. I'm also eager to hear the game now that it has SFX.

Would you consider doing a limited run poster of the art work? I'd seriously love this framed in my living room! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, simply wow. Just stumbled over this thread after watching this Gameswelt.TV report (featuring a short interview with you at 32:33).

I believed a game with these mechanics to be possible on the VCS for some time now, but couldn't hope for it to become reality. Even though this is "only" a 4K title, I will buy a cart, as there are far too few good homebrew VCS titles exploiting the VCS' scrolling capability.

Thorsten

Wow, simply wow. Just stumbled over this thread after watching this Gameswelt.TV report (featuring a short interview with you at 32:33).

I believed a game with these mechanics to be possible on the VCS for some time now, but couldn't hope for it to become reality. Even though this is "only" a 4K title, I will buy a cart, as there are far too few good homebrew VCS titles exploiting the VCS' scrolling capability.

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

thank you for pointing to the Gameswelt.tv interview - I probably had never seen it because I lost their business card.

If you want to buy a cart, feel free to register yourself at http://www.lov3machine.com/blinky/index.html

Jan

This looks great and I have to thank you for sharing the Rom. I was trying it out last night on the harmony cart and the one thing that bothers me is the lack of a jumping sound for blinky. That omission makes it seem incomplete imo. Otherwise, great job.