IGNORED

Blinky Goes Up (formerly GIANA BROS)

Jan Hermanns

Me wants one!

Hey serious request for Al....can we start pinning these topics? At least the ones that will ultimately go to the AA store? I'm sure you don't have a problem selling out on these limited releases, but this is the second game I almost missed (princess rescue being the first) because I didn't think to take the time to read all 9 pages lol!

Just an idea.

• Like 1

Jan, thank you for making this game. It's nice to see the ol' VCS still can get an enjoyable game out of it.

I think the sequel, especially if some random-ness could be managed (with some help from our friends here) then that game would be quite incredible.

Congratulations on your release, I look forward to more!

Jan, thank you for making this game. It's nice to see the ol' VCS still can get an enjoyable game out of it.

I think the sequel, especially if some random-ness could be managed (with some help from our friends here) then that game would be quite incredible.

Congratulations on your release, I look forward to more!

Thank, you very much!

But what do you mean by

if some random-ness could be managed

What should be random?

I was once thinking about an "infinity mode" (in style of "Super Mario Infinity", i.e. generated levels) but I'm not shure if it is a good idea...

Edited by Jan Hermanns

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine yesterday! Neat little simple game...frustrating as all hell though! I'm starting to dig collecting boxed games (homebrews only though) and the uniqueness of the box really stands out. The little bad guy (Tooby) reminds me a lot of the enemy in Marble Madness...(completely don't remember what he's called though).

Well done!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I love how the box is as new, fresh and different as the game itself.

I just had to order this game with the box!

Just goes to show that even at 4K a fun game sells!

Photo manipulation by Russian artist Dmitry Maximov:

attachicon.gifRussian artist Dmitry Maximov.jpg

Thanks for the love! And I really like that photo :-)

Got mine yesterday! Neat little simple game...frustrating as all hell though! I'm starting to dig collecting boxed games (homebrews only though) and the uniqueness of the box really stands out. The little bad guy (Tooby) reminds me a lot of the enemy in Marble Madness...(completely don't remember what he's called though).

Well done!

Actually, Tooby was inspired by one of the enemies in Giana Sisters.

It's been a while since I've been on these forums, but I do remember when you first presented this thread. I must say, WELL DONE! This is a stunning effort.

Thanks! It was a lot of work though.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 years later...

We have Blinky Goes Up on tomorrow's (Fri Jul 31) ZeroPage Homebrew stream LIVE on Twitch at 6PM PT | 9PM ET | 1AM GMT! Hope everyone can watch!

Games:

(SET VIDEO TO 1080P60 FOR FULL QUALITY)

Edited by ZeroPage Homebrew