IGNORED

Sega CDX repair service?

RAGINxxXxxCAJUN

My lens was going out on my CDX so I bought a new lens. I got it in and replaced the lens and now it don't spin at all. I try over and over again but never got it spinning so I gave up and put old lens back in and it still won't spin. Any ideas whats going on? it was spinning before I replaced the lens. If I can't get it is there a guy who can fix it? Can't find anyone that repairs CDX's units. Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

I wouldn't charge you anything to look at it, just postage back and forth. I've repaired all kinds of Sega CD systems including Laseractive, but never a CDX. Not against trying.

Well, I have a CDX that does not work at all, when I got it it would blink -- and power off when powered on with batteries (I don't have the ac adapter).

Tested it now again and nothing at all.

When I opened it, someone had already "tried to fix", it's a little messy but aparently nothing broken.

Any chances it could be back from dead? :P

Well, I have a CDX that does not work at all, when I got it it would blink -- and power off when powered on with batteries (I don't have the ac adapter).

Tested it now again and nothing at all.

When I opened it, someone had already "tried to fix", it's a little messy but aparently nothing broken.

Any chances it could be back from dead? :P

There is always a chance, but if it's a mess I would suggest selling it for parts as-is and starting over.

There is always a chance, but if it's a mess I would suggest selling it for parts as-is and starting over.

I will try to make a picture of inside, it's not that bad (I think)

Considering the prices of a working unit (that is not fail proof), I think it's better to fix mine, even if it costs the almost same as a working one. Of course, if it is fixable :P

Edited by Surfin

I will try to make a picture of inside, it's not that bad (I think)

Considering the prices of a working unit (that is not fail proof), I think it's better to fix mine, even if it costs the almost same as a working one. Of course, if it is fixable :P

If you do take photos I want to see where the RAM battery is, I don't want to take off the my CDX shell off to see what's inside.

Opened to take some pics, too long last time I had opened it...

There is only 1 wire that looks strange (last pic). The rest seems OK, except that the board and lower cover (the one I removed) have signs that the CDX gone for a swim (some white dirt over the pcb) :_(

The battery is visible, not very difficult to replace it.

The pics:

img20130331143927.th.jpg

img20130331144015.th.jpg

img20130331144042.th.jpg

• 2 months later...

I am having the same problem. I tried 2 different lens's now and the discs won't spin. I put the original lens back in and the disc spins however the lens is failing. I dont understand?? Anyone know what is going on?

I had the same problem, I read somewhere that it's hard to find a good working lens (even the news) and you have keep trying to find one. Don't know exactly if it's tru or not. Did you unsolder the buble sold protection ? I did but didn't get any success even doing that....

• 1 year later...