IGNORED

We need a Vectrex Sub Topic in Classic Gaming General!

Megaman Legends

I second the motion.

About the only place still kicking online is rec.games.vectrex but it's lucky to see anything posted there more than once a week.

The guys who host Vectrex websites do awesome work, but given that AA has various other gaming forums (for exmple Genesis) and we all congregate here so often, adding a Vectrex subforum would be fantastic.

I would love it if AA had a dedicated Vectrex sub-forum. There's literally no active Vectrex forum on the web (that I've come across at least). With it not being an Atari product though, I can see why members/admin would be reluctant.

http://vectorgaming....s.com/index.cgi

This is where the Vectrex peeps hangout...

Edited by rmaerz

I would love it if AA had a dedicated Vectrex sub-forum. There's literally no active Vectrex forum on the web (that I've come across at least). With it not being an Atari product though, I can see why members/admin would be reluctant.

Very cool! I'll be signing up for sure.

How active is it generally?

Very cool! I'll be signing up for sure.

I check in several times a week myself...I've found it useful for learning about new Vectrex home brews

I check in several times a week myself...I've found it useful for learning about new Vectrex home brews

Excellent, Thanks for the link Rob!

I had a look and noticed the thread about Tail Gunner 2012, one of George Fury's upcoming titles that personally I can't wait for. Unfortunately, they said he doesn't comment very often...

"Not that he's a big poster on here, but he hasn't been on here in over a month either."

... and given I know he definitely posts here at AA fairly often I would definitely say this chalks up yet another good reason AA needs a Vectrex subforum. :) :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Agreed, and since the Vectrex seems to have a pretty active and productive homebrew community it would make more sense to have a central Sub Topic for it rather than some other console that has no new developments. George is a Vectrex hero if there ever was one, it is so cool to see multiple games from the same source, same goes for Revival Studios, Classic Game Creations, etc.

Now, if someone could make overlays for the homebrews that never had them...

Here's some pretty good quotes from gliptitude from one of our various Vectrex threads which I say sum up exactly why AA needs a Vectrex sub-forum.

"atariage.com has been my main source of vectrex conversation"

"I haven't managed to find anything like an active community to chat in, outside of this website. Several people who still develop and produce new vectrex games/hardware have been active in atariage forums. This might be the best source for Vectrex talk."

I know someone pointed him to the Vector Gaming forum but I still say his comments indicate how AA is worthy of a subforum for Vectrex anyway.

Edited by ComputerSpaceFan