IGNORED

Complete Set of 7800 Cartridges?

jdrose

I was wondering if anyone has managed to collect a complete set of factory manufactured cartridges?

If so, which one would you say was the most difficult for you to find personally? (Besides the Monitor Cartridge and prototypes.)

I recently bought a 7800 and impressed with the cartridges that were programmed specifically for the platform. Good games.

76 cartridges are listed in the database. That sounds doable. Would like to try. Probably start with the difficult ones first.

I would say that Tank Command is one of the more expensive games, but it seems to be available on eBay fairly regularly. Boxed items are the challenge for the 7800.

For me, the most elusive cartridge isn't a game, but rather the diagnostic cart. I rarely ever see that one for sale.

I've got an extra tank command if you need one. Hardest NTSC game to get factory sealed would be Mean 18 Golf. Alot of people don't realize it's rarity due to how easy it is to find a sealed PAL copy. Outside of Mean 18 NTSC I think Title Match Pro Rastlin' and Tank Command will be the next ones which are damn near impossible to get sealed copies of. If I was you I'd go for complete boxed instead, that way you can know the games are NTSC too cause alot of the 7800 games are the exact same packaging wise for both PAL and NTSC and the only way you would know for sure if you have a $10 PAL copy or a $80 NTSC copy is to open it up and play it.

I have a complete NTSC set as well (loose carts, mostly).

When you factor in homebrews and PAL duplicates, I don't have all of that stuff.

Same for me, about 75% of which are 'complete'. The 7800 was the 1st and easiest system I ever got a complete set for.

Started collecting the 7800 in 1996 or so. I have all the NTSC games CIB save for Tank Command. I can't see splurging for a CIB copy at this point. I'll have to check my Mean 18; that was the last one I got and I don't think I ever tried it out. I hope it's an NTSC copy! :)

I would say that Tank Command is one of the more expensive games, but it seems to be available on eBay fairly regularly. Boxed items are the challenge for the 7800.

For me, the most elusive cartridge isn't a game, but rather the diagnostic cart. I rarely ever see that one for sale.

you could always contact Harry Dodgeson (sorry if I slaughtered that name) or call video 61 speak to lance...they might have one lying around....?

Hello everyone, The easiest way for me to have my complete set of 7800 carts. I have the carts only. I bought up a lot of ebay auctions with the carts that I needed and sold the carts that I didn't need back to ebay or to help Shawn Sr. at the time to complete his 7800 collection. Hey Shawn, been a while since you and I have talked. The ebay way payed for the collection and I probably even made money on doing it this way. Hope this helps.

Hmm, let's see...

Complete boxed NTSC 7800 collection, including three diagnostic carts and both a rev 1 and rev 2 monitor cart. Complete PAL 7800 cart collection, cart only for Atari released games (though I do have some of the foreign language Atari manuals) and boxed for the third party PAL games. Though I think I'm still missing two third party PAL box variations.

I have around 20 protos.

I believe I have a complete 7800 homebrew cart collection as well.

And that doesn't count the consoles and controllers... :ponder:

It's been so long since I finished it and I can't really remember which were the toughest to find.

Mitch