IGNORED

Rare Vectrex price check

BeaglePuss

Hello Atari Age! Although I've lurked here for years, I just finally got around to making an account. Some of you may know me from other VG forums such as NA, DP, and Neo-Geo. My brother is also a member here and elsewhere (mrmark0673).

What finally got me to join was my recent acquisitions of some Vectrex items. The few dedicated Vectrex forums that are out there are ghost towns, so I thought I'd come to AA and get some tips/advice. I've gotten some info from DP thanks to Mayhem, but I was hoping to get some other opinions as well.

Of all the Vectrex items I've purchased, these are the ones I would like to get a price estimate on:

Vetrex Kiosk

DSC00920.jpg

This was purchased as unused from the grandchild of a former MB employee. His grandmother was allowed to take two of these units home. One ended up with his mother (and ultimately became mine), while the other went home with his aunt. When I purchased the kiosk it still had protective tape on the Mylar. Yes, the shelves are backwards in the photo but have since been flipped around.

NOS Dust Cover

DSC00625.jpg

DSC00626.jpg

I've seen Dust Covers sell plenty of time in the past, but never a sealed/unused example. Beyond being sealed, it also comes with the original manila envelope. This one has no stamp/address as it was never shipped out. It was taken by another MB employee.

Lastly, here's a group shot of most of what I've recently purchased:

DSC00624.jpg

It has some good stuff including a boxed imager, a light pen, ect.

Any and all help on pricing would be greatly appreciated. I will also (likely) be parting with somethings like the imager and Dust Cover, so feel free to shoot me a PM if you're interested in something specific.

• Like 1

I cannot speak for the kiosk as they are way out of my price range so I don't pay too much attention to them.

However, the 3D Imager can fetch from $800-$1200 depending on condition. The NOS dust cover can pull in between $150-$200 since a loose one goes for between $75-$120. The boxed control panel is tricky to price... they have sold in a huge sweeping range from $50-$200 recently, depending on the day and who is bidding on them, so anybody's guess would be as good as mine.

I cannot speak for the kiosk as they are way out of my price range so I don't pay too much attention to them.

However, the 3D Imager can fetch from $800-$1200 depending on condition. The NOS dust cover can pull in between $150-$200 since a loose one goes for between $75-$120. The boxed control panel is tricky to price... they have sold in a huge sweeping range from $50-$200 recently, depending on the day and who is bidding on them, so anybody's guess would be as good as mine.

Thanks for the quick reply!

If I could get somewhere in the $800-$1,200 I would likely part with the Imager. As awesome as it is, that money would really help further along some of my other collections. I would probably hold onto the dust cover at that price, but would sell my two boxed controllers. The only two player title I really enjoy is Armor Attack, but at $100+ per controller, I would learn to love playing it alone.

Wow, that is one nice looking setup! I'd be surprised if anyone out there had a nicer kiosk than that. Congratulations! Wish I had a showpiece like that.

Out of every item that has come through my hand, the kiosk is easily my favorite. I plan on having it motified in hopes of being buried in it.

• Like 2

Very, very pretty. If I owned that, I don't know if I would be able to part with it ever. I might have to be buried with it... although that stuff is so nice my wife would likely keep it for herself and put me into a cardboard box labeled "vEctreX kioSk" in magic marker so that the probate attourney wouldn't know the difference.

• Like 1

The kiosk is beautiful; did it come with the Vectrex as well? I ask because from the pic it looks new also.

It did indeed. It is also slightly modified to include some screws in the bottom to help it stay on the Kiosk itself. I also managed to score some brochures that fit nicely on the tray at the top.

If I had that complete a collection, I sure wouldn't sell it, at least not until I'd played the HECK out of it. Realize that you have in your hands something you may never have again, once it's gone. The Vectrex, being so vintage and unique, makes a great center piece to a video game collection, plus you have a personal story to go with it. And if any system deserves a kiosk, it's the Vectrex.

I also wouldn't estimate the 3D imager value over $500, but I guess it's possible CIB. I saw one a year or so ago for $100 (used but functional, not in box, didn't buy it).

Didn't you already post once about the kiosk? Or have two of these popped up recently? Or, maybe I read about it on another forum...

Kiosk ~$1500

All 25 CIB US Releases ~$700

CIB 3D Imager ~$800

CIB Lightpen ~$175

NIB Dustcover ~$150

CIB Control Panel ~$125

I'd say you got about $3500 worth of stuff there. I'm tempted to offer you the majority of my tax return on that kiosk if you'll part with it...

Edited by Desfeek

If I had that complete a collection, I sure wouldn't sell it, at least not until I'd played the HECK out of it. Realize that you have in your hands something you may never have again, once it's gone. The Vectrex, being so vintage and unique, makes a great center piece to a video game collection, plus you have a personal story to go with it. And if any system deserves a kiosk, it's the Vectrex.

I also wouldn't estimate the 3D imager value over $500, but I guess it's possible CIB. I saw one a year or so ago for $100 (used but functional, not in box, didn't buy it).

I've actually had a Cosmic Chasm prototype come through my hands at one point (I believe my brother posted pictures of it on here), so I know what it's like to part with an item I wont ever see again. It hurts...

As for the Vectrex itself, I've been collecting on and off for about six or so years. Anything that I would sell would be stuff I either don't play or could replace down the road if I had to. Outside of the NES, it's the most played console in the house for sure.

Didn't you already post once about the kiosk? Or have two of these popped up recently? Or, maybe I read about it on another forum...

Kiosk ~$1500

All 25 CIB US Releases ~$700

CIB 3D Imager ~$800

CIB Lightpen ~$175

NIB Dustcover ~$150

CIB Control Panel ~$125

I'd say you got about $3500 worth of stuff there. I'm tempted to offer you the majority of my tax return on that kiosk if you'll part with it...

The last Kiosk I saw was a Canadian model complete with French text, so I'm guessing that's the one you're talking about. It was listed/relisted on eBay a number of time but I'm unsure if it ever actually sold. In all my years of searching, this is the nicest American example I've seen or heard of.

As for price, the kiosk wouldn't be for sale. If it were though, it would certainly take more than double your quote to pry it from my grasp. Beyond that, I don't think I would ever ship it due to the fragile nature of the stand.

a few of us vectrex collectors managed to score a store display stand (kiosk) from a guy in Quebec a while back. he sold one on Ebay and and i think he sold three more directly. he delivered mine in person since i lived less than an hour away :)

they were all complete in box like this one: http://home.earthlink.net/~jmorg/vectrex/vecdisp.html

i think i paid around $700-800 for mine and the one on ebay went for $1000-ish

a few of us vectrex collectors managed to score a store display stand (kiosk) from a guy in Quebec a while back. he sold one on Ebay and and i think he sold three more directly. he delivered mine in person since i lived less than an hour away :)

they were all complete in box like this one: http://home.earthlin...ex/vecdisp.html

i think i paid around $700-800 for mine and the one on ebay went for $1000-ish

I always seem to miss stuff like this on eBay! Great score!

• 7 years later...

Here’s an unlikely update:

Today I unearthed what is likely to be my most historically significant find ever: A NOS Vectrex Kiosk, complete in original box. 

At the time this thread was created (or shortly thereafter), I was the unlikely owner of not one, but two Vectrex Kiosk. Both of which were discovered by dumb luck. 

As luck would have it, I once again stumbled across a Vectrex Kiosk last night. The listing had a picture of a now familiar Vectrex Kiosk base, but mentioned that it also came with another kiosk that was “brand new in the box.”

I communicated with the seller, and by 10:00 am this morning, I was on the road. After around 2 hours, I arrived at the seller’s home. My first question to him was “Did you or a family member once work for Milton Bradley.”  I of course knew the answer had to be yes before he responded, and his reply confirmed my suspicion. 

He lead me to the first of the two kiosk, this one being the base pictured in the ad. He didn’t recall where the top portion ended up. He then told me that the second, new kiosk was located at his mother’s home two minutes down the road. He jumped in my truck, and we drove to his mother’s house. 

In his mother’s basement was a large box labeled “One Vectrex Arcade System, Floor Display, #3800, GCE.”  That straps had been cut, but the contents within had been left untouched. Everything is packed tightly in the Kiosk and wrapped in protective film and padding. The plexiglass door still has its covering. 

Having left his home, I returned to my home with what is now my third and fourth Vectrex Kiosk. All found in the wild, and all found within two and a half hours from my home. 

There are a few collectors with museum quality collections that I will likely reach out to and see what the best thing to do with it is. I’m supremely confident that another NOS example will never be discovered at this point, especially given what the previous owner had to say about it. 

Here’s a link to both kiosk. Not sure how to embed the images, so if someone else would like to for sake of preservation, please do. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/BYJXePvKLHEobkfS8

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...