IGNORED

Just picked up a boxed 1029

Tickled_Pink

The 1029 seems pretty hard to find these days. Think I've seen a couple on eBay in the past couple of years.

I have mine from 1987 but in a couple of house moves, the top covers had been lost (wife probably threw them out). So I've been on the lookout for replacements. Best don't do them because they were only sold in Europe, despite them seemingly selling the ribbons. So when I saw a 1029 available for NOTHING on another site, I thought - what the heck. The shipping was also a lot less than I expected. Hell, even the wife couldn't complain about it.

Just turned up today. Complete and BOXED. With poly inserts. The box is in excellent condition. Must have been stored away carefully for years. Haven't turned the thing on yet, though, so no idea if it works. Whether it works or not, I couldn't care less. I'm stoked just to have the box. :P

• Like 1

The 1029 seems pretty hard to find these days. Think I've seen a couple on eBay in the past couple of years. I have mine from 1987 but in a couple of house moves, the top covers had been lost (wife probably threw them out). So I've been on the lookout for replacements. Best don't do them because they were only sold in Europe, despite them seemingly selling the ribbons. So when I saw a 1029 available for NOTHING on another site, I thought - what the heck. The shipping was also a lot less than I expected. Hell, even the wife couldn't complain about it. Just turned up today. Complete and BOXED. With poly inserts. The box is in excellent condition. Must have been stored away carefully for years. Haven't turned the thing on yet, though, so no idea if it works. Whether it works or not, I couldn't care less. I'm stoked just to have the box. :P

Someone's truly living up to their name. :P Good job. :)

Just a bunch of storage boxes... not so interesting. 1050s over here... XF551s over there... boxed s/w... s/w on disk... s/w on cart... power supplies...

Finding things is a problem, actually.

What would you like to see?

Bob

The XF551s. That's something I've never owned.

They don't come up very often on ePay over here. And when they do, they tend to go for far more than I can safely justify without being hit over the head by a flying rolling pin.

I'll trade you a CIB XF551 for a CIB 1029. :grin:

Give me a chance! I've only just got it! :)

And yeah - it is complete. Found the manual in the box as well. Still had my old manual until 12 months ago. That was probably chucked by my missus as well.

Edited by Tickled_Pink

I have a loose one I picked up a long time ago just because it's the neatest looking Atari badged printer I've ever seen. I've never done anything with it however, because I really have no use in printing anything from my Atari. If I did though I'd use it in a heartbeat.