IGNORED

5200 gone :(

Sonic R

my truck was robbed over the weekend while at a friends home, and my entire 5200 and Vectrex collection had been stolen as well as my backpack/briefcase... also stolen was a Sega CDX console only...

I won't stand down, however, I aim to rebuild all lost games and hope to be where I was by the end of the year, if not sooner... I'm going to take a small break from the forums as it's been rather depressing... :_(

I'm sorry to hear you were robbed. That sucks big time.

Perhaps you can take some small comfort in the fact that the thieves were almost certainly not pleased with their haul. "What's this old sh*t??"

That totally sucks, and you have my sympathy.

Did you happen to jot down any serial numbers or take any pictures? It's a long shot, but such information could help in finding your stuff and getting it back.

If you do have to rebuild, let me know when you've picked up another 5200. I've got some games that need a good home.

Edited by FujiSkunk

I've gone through all the motions... filed police report, contacted local shops that would deal in these older games - still have to go to the local flea market as they're only open on weekends, have my eye on Craigslist (I do this anyways, it's how I got a good chunk of that collection) and checking eBay too...

the console wasn't stolen, but both controllers and the coupler, the trak-ball, and Wico keypad were...

the officer and I were saying, that they probably were not aware of what they got, and will have a harder time getting rid of it for cash...

Do you collect Vectrex loose, or in-box only?

I prefer loose... as the only complete game I had was Web Wars and the box and overlay were safely at my home

all my games were loose, but I had the overlays to many games in the back of the carts... the few 5200 boxes and manuals I have are packed away safely

I hope karma pays out on the thieves but I gotta ask why was your retro gear in the truck and not at home?

I was visiting a friend, and I had brought along the games to play for the evening... I was loading up my truck to go home, and between loads, about 15-20 minutes, the thieves took the box of games/controllers and my backpack, they didn't take the actual Vectrex unit, and the rest of the stuff I brought were still in the house... upon bringing the rest of my things to load up, I realized my stuff had gone missing...

I'm going to spend the next year rebuilding this collection, I really loved it and enjoyed the games very much... even if I am stuck paying 'market value' :mad:

I had ordered six games last week, and finally picked them up from the post office... got home and went through my doubles and I am on my way... it just upsets me that I had 3x more games, and I loved playing every one of them (well except Gorf, maybe)

now, to see if I can get a working controller together with all the parts I have lying about...

They only took the controllers and not the system? What.... did you proudly proclaim they were rebuilt using Badley's gold contacts or something? lol

If not... I pity the fool that stands to go to jail for stealing crummy 5200 controllers. :rolling:

Kidding all around of course, just trying to make light. What a shitty violation to incur. I hope you get your stuff back and the bums get their just desserts!

Sorry to hear about that man. I can empathize with your loss as I had my entire collection destroyed by a house fire around 10 years ago and I had no insurance at the time; I

literally lost everything I owned.

My advice to you about rebuilding your collection is being patient. If you are in a rush to rebuild you will almost certainly be gouged and pay more than you should. Patience is the key.

Would you be interested in a loose copy of Frogger for the 5200? I can ship it to you for free if you want. PM me your shipping info and it's yours.

Edited by guy767