IGNORED

Atari 2600 pleadies!! When? Anyone know?

Godzilla

Wasn't there a home version for one of the more obscure consoles? Emerson Arcadia?

Yep you got it. The kicker is that it wasn't released in the US. So you have a rare overseas game for an obscure system. Needless to say it's pretty hard to find. I own it and it's actually very good. Probably better than the 2600 version (I'd think).

I would guess that it'll probably appear in a few months....just in time for PhillyClassic

I know what you're implying, but I don't think that's it. From what I've been told the UA games use a very odd bankswitching method and the chips themselves are soldered to the boards. This makes it very hard to dump them. The delay in getting them out is legit.

Tempest

damn non-standard carts! :-(

Yea, its out in europe for their emerson arcadia compatibles (leisure vision, etc?)

I've got it on my arcadia multi-cart from god-like dude Ward Shrake. One day I'll have time to finish wiring my old consoles and I'll be able to play it...

The delay in getting them out is legit.

Isn't the delay in getting a ROM out always legit? :ponder:

Cheers,

Marco

The timing of "getting the ROM out" traditionally has had more to do with when a certain convention organization thought it would be the best time to promote their conventions, deliberately paced out from year to year.

The timing of "getting the ROM out" traditionally has had more to do with when a certain convention organization thought it would be the best time to promote their conventions, deliberately paced out from year to year.

You mean like with Bugs Bunny at last year's PhillyClassic? Or with Lord of the Rings at Eurocon? It's called having good "business sense" - every show promoter in the world uses that strategy! And PC and others seem to agree. You think CGE has like 3 "shows" worth of prototype ROMS sitting around or something? If so, you couldn't be more wrong. Say for example, if I found an Incredible Hulk proto and decided to sell carts of it, I'd announce the sale at the same time as the movie's release this summer. Companies do this all the time. Hell, the Hulk movie is 'in the can' already, but you don't expect it to be released in January, do you? (an even better example would be the Lord of the Rings movies). You seem to forget it takes time to produce a few hundred boxed carts (and with most of the work falling to 1 or 2 people) - they're not made up on demand ala Hozer or AA. If it weren't for shows like that, you probably wouldn't have most of the unreleased games that are out now b/c odds are it would end up in the hands of some hardcore collector who would refuse to share it. So the choices are wait a year and get something, or wait forever and get zilch. Is waiting a year that hard? At least you know the game will be made available!

I have no doubt AA will release the UA protos (and most likely sells carts of them...I hope), but I am doubting their reason for the wait. It's just a bit hard to believe, with some of the talented people we have in this hobby, that none of them (if asked) couldn't collectively decipher an 8K bankswitching technique after 3 months...

And it's no secret you have some personal issue with CGE, so stop veiling your comments already.

Dude you need to chill out, between this post and your spiteful posts against Mark I am getting an image of you in a brown uniform with a red & white arm band, except it doesn't have a "Hakenkreuz" on it but a "DP" logo.

Why are you so angry all the time ?

:?

LOL - what spiteful comments? Like the one you just made to me? :| Sorry, but I've never called anyone a Nazi. In fact, you might be the first person here to ever do so. At least you'll be remembered for something...

What I want to know is, why do people refuse to admit when they're wrong :?

It's easy- I'll start. I'm wrong to even bother replying to your post.

Hey kids,

Just to reiterate: "Digital Press (DP)" and "Classic Gaming Expo (CGE)" are NOT synonymous. It's like saying "AtariAge" and "CGE" are the same because they appear there. John/Sean set-up/run CGE but have little or nothing to do with the whole Digital Press website and such.

So, let's keep the DP bashing to a minimum, OK? Thanks.

Why don't you go back to your Digital Press World where you belong.

And......

image of you in a brown uniform with a red & white arm band, except it doesn't have a "Hakenkreuz" on it but a "DP" logo.  

"DP=goosestepping Nazi." Nice.

There's always been that undercurrent of anti-DP attitude from some members, Thomas. And many folks seem to be under the impression that John and Sean are DP-related, when they are not. So any "DP sux" comments are going to be pointed out as the slanted errors they are. John and Sean have no connection to DP, so however you feel about them and this situation should not be dumped at the DP doorstep then set afire. Thanks.

I'm with Marco here. Let's just keep all bashing to a minimum.

Just to reiterate: "Digital Press (DP)" and "Classic Gaming Expo (CGE)" are NOT synonymous. It's like saying "AtariAge" and "CGE" are the same because they appear there. John/Sean set-up/run CGE but have little or nothing to do with the whole Digital Press website and such.

Your analogy is a poor one.

John and Sean do have close ties to DP, and Joe to CGE. John and Sean contribute to the DP Guide, John especially as he writes most of the Atari sections. They also contribute to the DP magazine. Joe Santulli is an active organizer and promoter of CGE. John, Sean and Joe are close friends. So they are intertwined closer than you may think, and this is why most people tend to use the DP and CGE names synonymously. John even has a link in his signature to the DP site.

..Al

My analogy may be a poor one. The point I was trying to make is that John and Sean have no dealings with the day-to-day, in-and-out running of the site. If someone wants to hammer "CGE Services" because of their connections to it, that's one thing. But Digital press is primarily run and managed by Joe - who has very little if anything to do with the Commavid situation. *That's* the only point I'm trying to make. DP should not even be part oif thjis situation and discussion.

image of you in a brown uniform with a red & white arm band, except it doesn't have a "Hakenkreuz" on it but a "DP" logo.  

"DP=goosestepping Nazi." Nice.

Maybe my acquired automatic "Anti-Nazi-Analogy" filter prevented me from noticing that. :)

Probably the vast AA majority (including me!) shares that opinion.

Probably the vast AA majority (including me!) shares that opinion.

Yeah, ditto with me, there's not much bashing going on here, just some good fun.

Anyway, back to the topic, I liked Pleiades a lot, it was a neat sequel (I guess?) to Phoenix. And those radars that occasionally would shoot an attacker during the first couple of waves were an especially neat touch.

LOL - what spiteful comments?  Like the one you just made to me?  :|  Sorry, but I've never called anyone a Nazi.  In fact, you might be the first person here to ever do so.  At least you'll be remembered for something...  

What I want to know is, why do people refuse to admit when they're wrong :?  

It's easy- I'll start.  I'm wrong to even bother replying to your post.

I didn't say you ever called anyone a Nazi. :ponder:

I just want to know why you always wave DP flags and why are you so angry all the time ?

Hey kids,  

So, let's keep the DP bashing to a minimum, OK? Thanks.  

Sorry Tim, I should have been more specific, "a white circle with DP-Battlezone" enscribed.

You know what I am not bashing DP at all, in fact I post there from time to time myself. It's certain members of the board that I am bashing not Joe, John or Sean. :?

I didn't say you ever called anyone a Nazi.

What I meant was I never used any spiteful comments, such as your comment (and from a moderator, no less).

I just want to know why you always wave DP flags and why are you so angry all the time ?

I have no absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I contribute to both sites fairly equally; in fact I'm much more active on AA's message boards, but it's clear you have some issue with DP in general. And I gather from your Nazi comment and your sig that you're a pacifist, right? Right....and I'm the 'angry' one.... :ponder: Whatever.