IGNORED

Adventure 2 for the 2600

NickelPlate

Lunar Lander comes to mind. Maybe Pong. There's only 3 or 4 of any "unique" significance.

I just looked at Flashback 6. They're really all just hacks and/or homebrew crap. Yar's Returns & Return to Haunted House. Etc. It's all fake crap man.

The few of substance (real genuine Atari unreleased protos) are all shareware anyhow so no need to go crazy. The ones like Combat 2, Tempest, etc.

It's those handful of oddities that they throw in there to try to force you to buy it. They all eventually get dumped. And yes, finding some of those is a bit harder, but not impossible.

Edited by Supergun
  • Like 1

Is there a list of all the Adventure hacks, prototypes, & homebrews? If I tried to make a list, would it go in this forum or the homebrew forum?

thanks!

Most of them are hacks so they would go in the Atari 2600 Hacks forum. The only homebrew I know of is the 5200 version (and the unreleased 8-bit version). I don't know of any prototypes.

What other games are Flashback only?

I've searched high & low for the Adventure 2 rom -- if it's out there I can't find it.....

Have you checked with the folks here at Atariage store? Several years ago I had carts made of all the Flashback games that were not original games. I know I bought some of them from here. So they may have them all.

• 1 year later...

I finally broke down and ordered a copy of Drakon Croisade and I can say that i is very similar Adventure 2 on the Flashback in terms of the world layout, but there is a bit of a difference graphically. Drakon Croisade's graphics are more enhanced, particularly the castles and the shapes of the bat, dragons and some items (particularly the sword (glows and looks swordlike) and bridge. The Chalice looks more like a Y. There were some nice graphical touches like the room with red duck dragon statues. I'll try to post some gameplay pics later this weekend.

As far as this "Indenture" game, I assume it was never a game that could be played on a 2600?

Edited by FroggoGamer
  • Like 1

Hi Folks,

I'd like to play the Adventure 2 from the Flashback console on my Atari 2600 but is the only way to get it by purchasing a Flashback? I can't seem to find it any other way. I'd really like to get a copy of the cart as I assume getting a ROM is out of the question since it's still being sold.

Thanks,

NP

This site claims to have the Adventure II - Flashback version. Download it and try it out.

As far as this "Indenture" game, I assume it was never a game that could be played on a 2600?

Indenture was a PC game, albeit based on Adventure. If memory serves, it was a DOS game. It will run under Windows XP, but I have never tried it with a newer OS.

Damn, I've been looking for that, for years!!!

Glad that I could help out. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the Adventure II ROM from the Atari Flashback 2? I have never played Adventure II for the Atari Flashback 2 so I cannot confirm if this is indeed the same ROM as is loaded on the console.

• Like 1

Glad that I could help out. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the Adventure II ROM from the Atari Flashback 2? I have never played Adventure II for the Atari Flashback 2 so I cannot confirm if this is indeed the same ROM as is loaded on the console.

wondering the same thing...........

• 3 years later...