IGNORED

Team Pixelboy - Select the MSX port you want most!

Pixelboy

Select the MSX port you want most  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Select the MSX port you want most among these choices

• Alien 8
    • Alpharoid
    • Eggerland Mystery
    • Ghostbusters
    • Guardic
    • Gun Fright
    • Inspecteur Z
    • Knight Lore
    • Monster House (Youkai Yashiki)
    • Rollerball
    • Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space
    • Spelunker
    • Star Soldier
    • Stone of Wisdom (Kenja no ishi)
    • The Castle
    • The Roving Planet Styllus
    • Twinbee
    • Zanac

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

They could have used sprites for the characters in the game (Alien 8, Knight Lore, etc). That would have improved colors, and the games would probably run faster too. However changes like that would require considerable effort, something I have no time this year.

For the record, and people from UK please forgive me for saying that, but I am utterly allergic to ZX Spectrum stuff... :P

They could have used sprites for the characters in the game (Alien 8, Knight Lore, etc). That would have improved colors, and the games would probably run faster too. However changes like that would require considerable effort, something I have no time this year.

For the record, and people from UK please forgive me for saying that, but I am utterly allergic to ZX Spectrum stuff... :P

How can you not love those rubber keys :)

I grew up in the UK and you were either a C64, Spectrum or Amstrad fan. I was in the C64 camp and so agree with your comment about the Spectrum :grin: .

There are some great fan remakes of Alien 8 and Knight Lore at the following links. Also check out Head over Heels.

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game-links.php?link=alien8

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game-links.php?link=kl

http://retrospec.sgn.net/game-links.php?link=hoh

Obviously these are greatly enhanced versions of the games, but are at least an easy way to check out the gameplay and to see if you like the style.

I just really hope if its Alien 8 or Knight Lore they please add more colors to the game and don't make it a straight port :P

Sadly, the graphical limitations of the ColecoVision make monochrome graphics an unescapable reality in the case of those two games. Mobile objects (player's character, moving enemies, movable objects, etc.) are rendered via a special display engine that updates background tiles on the fly, and sprites are not used at all (or if they are, it's strictly for minor display stuff). If you tried to apply color to background tiles in this situation, you'd get some pretty ugly color bleeding.

:_( :_( :thumbsdown: Do you know if that would be the same case with the super module also?

The SGM only adds more RAM, it doesn't alter the graphical capabilities of the ColecoVision console.

:_( :_( :_( :thumbsdown:

An isometric game would be very well welcomed on CV in my opnion :)

Zaxxon!!!! :D

Now, now, people, can't we just be satisfied with what we have, namely Congo Bongo? :P

Seriously, Knight Lore took the lead over the others as I write this, it's at a tie with Stone of Wisdom! :D

Just curious why isn't Mappy on the list?

While me and Eduardo were working on the final list of candidates, I suggested Mappy, but Eduardo said he may decide to port the arcade version later, so he asked me leave it out of the list. Same goes for Kung-Fu Acho (a.k.a. Kung-Fu Master) and Bosconian.