IGNORED

Team Pixelboy - Select the MSX port you want most!

Pixelboy

Select the MSX port you want most  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Select the MSX port you want most among these choices

• Alien 8
    • Alpharoid
    • Eggerland Mystery
    • Ghostbusters
    • Guardic
    • Gun Fright
    • Inspecteur Z
    • Knight Lore
    • Monster House (Youkai Yashiki)
    • Rollerball
    • Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space
    • Spelunker
    • Star Soldier
    • Stone of Wisdom (Kenja no ishi)
    • The Castle
    • The Roving Planet Styllus
    • Twinbee
    • Zanac

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

@pixelboy Since rollerball's 2 votes don't matter because the game is going to be released by CollectorVision can we put those 2 votes on Ghostbusters and make this more interesting :-D :thumbsup:

Actualy, ten-four voted for Rollerball, so he's one of the two votes, and he contacted me to say that his new vote was for Star Soldier or Zanac.

Ha! So far we have Zanac and Stone of Wisdom. Told ya! :P

The voting period's not over yet, Eduardo. Knight Lore and Spelunker are gaining momentum. ;)

But I do acknowledge that Zanac is more popular than I anticipated. :)

Edited by Pixelboy

It doesn't look like Ghostbusters is going to happen...... :woozy:

I'll still get what ever comes out of course but it doesn't look like it will be Ghostbusters unless something drastic changes and some Ghostbuster fans jump on AA soon, Who you going call..... :twisted:

Edited by RelliK111

• 2 weeks later...

The voting period has now officially ended, and all votes registered after this point will not be considered. Here are the final results:

- Alien 8 : 5 votes

- Alpharoid : 0 vote

- Eggerland Mystery : 2 votes

- Ghostbusters : 6 votes

- Guardic : 2 votes

- Gun Fright : 1 vote

- Inspecteur Z : 0 vote

- Knight Lore : 5 votes

- Monster House (Youkai Yashiki) : 4 votes

- Space Shuttle - A Journey Into Space : 0 vote

- Spelunker : 9 votes + 1 vote transfered from Rollerball by request

- Star Soldier : 0 votes

- Stone of Wisdom (Kenja no ishi) : 7 votes

- The Castle : 3 votes

- The Roving Planet Styllus : 2 votes

- Twinbee : 4 votes

- Zanac : 5 votes + 1 vote transfered from Rollerball by request

So the MSX ports of Spelunker and Stone of Wisdom will be released near the end of this year, together with the MSX ports of King's Valley and Thexder. All four of these games will require Opcode's Super Game Module.

Too bad about Ghostbusters, it came pretty close, but on the other hand, I'm very happy to know that Rollerball will be released by CollectorVision. As for Knight Lore and Alien 8, I guess fans will have to wait a bit longer before an isometric adventure is released on the ColecoVision. For now, we'll have to settle with Congo Bongo and Zaxxon. ;)

Many thanks to all the people who voted!

The good news is that Stone of Wisdom will get ported (great game).

Yep, but the game will require a lot of extra work:

- New title screen

- All japanese texts to be translated (we'll need some help with that)

- Alphanumeric password system to be replaced (new system using only keypad keys, maybe?)

I will also have to play the MSX game from begining to end and do my best to uncover every secret passageway and other hidden items, to make sure there's nothing important missing from the instruction manual of the CV version.

The good news is that Stone of Wisdom will get ported (great game).

Yep, but the game will require a lot of extra work:

- New title screen

- All japanese texts to be translated (we'll need some help with that)

- Alphanumeric password system to be replaced (new system using only keypad keys, maybe?)

I will also have to play the MSX game from begining to end and do my best to uncover every secret passageway and other hidden items, to make sure there's nothing important missing from the instruction manual of the CV version.

Google "Stone of Wisdom" and you will find almost everything you need. ;)

I actually have Stone of Wisdom... and Spelunker.... and King's Valley... and Thexder.... :D

Ah, then that sure simplifies things, doesn't it? I'm mainly interested in any illustrations (other than screenshots) in the Stone of Wisdom manual. :)

But I'll be needing 600 DPI scans of your boxes of Spelunker and Thexder, to begin with.

I can also check if I can find additional illustrations in my MSX Magazine collection. In some cases they used different illustrations for advertizing. Or expanded versions of the main illustration. I believe I also have Spelunker and Thexder for the Famicom. Actually I am sure about Spelunker, need to check Thexder...

[A few minutes later]: I took these scans a while back. Thexder, Star Force, Zanac and some other cool MSX ads:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63606842@N06/

I can also check if I can find additional illustrations in my MSX Magazine collection. In some cases they used different illustrations for advertizing. Or expanded versions of the main illustration. I believe I also have Spelunker and Thexder for the Famicom. Actually I am sure about Spelunker, need to check Thexder...

[A few minutes later]: I took these scans a while back. Thexder, Star Force, Zanac and some other cool MSX ads:

http://www.flickr.co...s/63606842@N06/

Ads are more or less useful, because I need clean pictures, not covered with texts/screenshots/etc. I like how clean and unobstructed the art is on the MSX box of Spelunker. :)

Oh well, I own all those MSX games already... no loss here :-D

You kidding, right? You mean the original cartridges? Even Inpecteur Z, Styllus and Alpharoid?

Yeah, and if so, do you happen to have the paper manual of Stone of Wisdom?

Yeah, but I don't have the manuals to any of them unfortunately. I got a bunch of this crap loose from a Japanese shop awhile ago.

The only boxed games I own for MSX w/ manuals are

Hydlide 1-3

Illusion City (Disks for Turbo R)

Xanadu (cart version)

Romancia (msx 2 version)

Maze of Galious

Dragon Slayer 6

Jesus

Drasle Family

Fray

Xevious

The rest are all looseygoosies. :-/

I collect MSX and PC Engine stuff.

Oh well, I own all those MSX games already... no loss here :-D

You kidding, right? You mean the original cartridges? Even Inpecteur Z, Styllus and Alpharoid?

Yeah, and if so, do you happen to have the paper manual of Stone of Wisdom?

Yeah, but I don't have the manuals to any of them unfortunately. I got a bunch of this crap loose from a Japanese shop awhile ago.

The only boxed games I own for MSX w/ manuals are

Hydlide 1-3

Illusion City (Disks for Turbo R)

Xanadu (cart version)

Romancia (msx 2 version)

Maze of Galious

Dragon Slayer 6

Jesus

Drasle Family

Fray

Xevious

The rest are all looseygoosies. :-/

I collect MSX and PC Engine stuff.

I collect a bunch of different things. Computer wise I like the MSX and Atari 8-bit. I currently have a rented storage space just for the Atari computers, while the MSX stuff takes most of my bedroom space. About 400 complete in box MSX games and applications, and around 25 complete in box MSX computers, plus tons of books and magazines.

I have the 70FD and 70FD2. All drives working. :)

Have almost the complete series of A1s (except for the A1FM), and almost the complete series of F1s (except for F1XDmkII). All Casios, several Panasonics and Sony prior to A1 and F1. like FS4000 and 4500. F900. Some Hitachi, like H2 and H3. The very first MSX, National CF2000. Printers, converters, expansions, tons of stuff...