IGNORED

The Top 5 Items In Your Collection

Xtincthed

I have some things that others would consider rare I guess, but I have to struggle to remember what they would be in the first place. Off the top of my head.. I know the recent stuff like this SNES Starfox competition cart is generally desirable.. I bought it for 2 bucks back in the day :lol:

starfox.jpg

• Like 3

Me too!

1) Like-new condition Vectrex - Loose but super clean and barely used.

2) I, Cyborg - Vectrex homebrew now long out of print. I think the only exact item from my previous list also on this list. A game that really captured my imagination.

3) TG Enjoystick, 2600 joystick (x2) - This pair of unusual and rare joysticks is almost single handedly responsible for me finally being able to really appreciate the VCS. Love playing with these.

4) 3D Sector-X - really cool Vectrex homebrew, definitely the most valuable game in my collection, and acquired through an excellent and thrilling trade with a fellow Vectrex guy across the globe.

5) Like-new CIB DMG Game Boy - purchased locally from a mom out of a minivan in a Wal Mart parking lot (craigslist). She was probably about the same age as me and seemed to be disgusted by my juvenile interest in her item. The Game Boy was a left over gift from her grandmother's closet that was never given to her brother because he misbehaved!!!

.. It's awesome to see so many Vectrexes on people's lists.

Incredible!

Here's that "Junkyard" Vectrex now, up on a shelf with some other retro goodness.

20160609_213720_zps2nr1cqio.jpg

I have a story about another game sitting on that shelf:

Years ago, I was having a conversation with my wife about the earliest video game memories we had. The first game she ever played was at her dentist's office on a little black and white TV. It was a driving game, and she used to like crashing the car into the light poles on the side of the road. She had no idea what the game was, but she thought it was on the 2600. When I showed her a bunch of different games like Night Driver, Pole Position, and Enduro, none of them were the game.

Fast forward to when I brought my Vectrex home. She looked at me and said that it was the same as the little TV in her dentist's office! Her dentist had a VECTREX. I immediately started looking up all the racing games for the system, and determined that she was playing Hyperchase. I put that in the back of my mind, and kept my eye out for one at a decent price.

Last Xmas, I decided that it was finally time to get her that game, so I ordered it on eBay. When it showed up, Clean Sweep was in the box instead. After contacting the seller, he said I could keep Clean Sweep if I sent him a bit more more to ship out Hyperchase, so I agreed. The look on her face as she played it was well worth it!

20151227_220019_zpsunz8pxqh.jpg

Clean Sweep is pretty good as well!

• Like 1

I would say my:

Jaguar CD and Pro Controller

Panzer Dragoon Saga Sega Saturn

N.I.B never opened Virtual Boy

All 9 of my Everdrives ?

I have games like Conker N64, Illbleed Dreamcast, Chrono Trigger Snes, eternal darkness GC etc but even though those sell for a lot I wouldn't call them collector gems by any means.

Edited by JaguarBrett

gallery_40273_1259_51885.jpg

1. Star Fox statue I found at a Flea Market - I smiled for a week straight after finding it. A fun and absurd center piece for my collection.

2. Sealed Video Gem Games

3. Bally Astrocade Space Invaders demo prototype - I got to discover something and contribute to the history of gaming!

4. Space Invaders Arcade Cabinet

5. Original Odyssey in travel case

• Like 3

Top 5? Don't think I can do it. I could maybe do top 5 per system. I'll give a try. I have no means to make a video, so sorry I can't play along there.

1.Case modded PS2. Why? This is largely back compatible with the PSX library, and the trap door allows me to use swap discs in order to play games from all regions. If/when it dies, I'm finding another PS2 slim, and swapping the mechanism. I've had it since '05 or '06 (and owned fat PS2, and PSX before that). I'm very attached to the PSX as a close friend of mine had one (before I bought mine),and we spent hours after school, and later after work playing that damn thing. Good games, good memories.

2.Atari XEGS refurbed by B&C. Kept the company contact stickers in place (on the console/keyboard bottom). While not as cool as in the box... it's minty, and plays great. A8s are my favorite of the Atari bunch, and you don't see XEGS too often.

3. Resident Evil. Not rare. Not by a long shot. When I bought my PSX, this was one of the first four games I bought (RE, Soul Reaver, FF7, Evil Dead). This is one of those titles my buddy and I burned many hours on. I never managed to get all S rankings though. He did. Lol. Pretty good story, good atmosphere, voice acting so bad it was funny. You can pretty much toss the rest of the series in here as well.

4. Silent Hill. I own almost all of them, and have beaten most (need to work through 3 and 4 more). The first one though.... the same friend mentioned above had this game before me. We played it together as well. The first time I ever played it, he handed me the controller, with no prompting. I was hooked after the opening playable scene. I picked up my copy used not long after I bought my own PSX, because it had been out long enough that used PSX stuff was showing up on the shelves at Game Crazies, Software Etc. and all that. The horror genre is near and dear to me.

5.Halo Edition XBox. A relatively new friend gave me this. It needed repair. Fixed it. Translucent green. Looks rad.

5a.Knights of the Old Republic. This is what Star Wars gaming was meant to be. Epic.

Could go on. Told ya I couldn't do it in 5. Lol. I didn't even scratch the NES, or SNES. Lol.

• Like 1

1. My first Atari 2600 (4 Switch Woody). - Nothing fancy, just the console. I never had an Atari growing up and I picked this one up in '08 and that started my collection craze.

2. My first 7800. - You mean I can play 7800 and 2600 games...sweet!

3. Starplex Controller - Love 7800 Asteroids. Love it even more with my Starplex.

4. Harmony Cart - 'Nuff said

5. Edladdin Super Twin 78 Controller - You haven't played 7800 Robotron until you play it using this controller. - Birthday present from my wife and kids.

My CIB Japanese launch model Saturn, which was the first thing I bought when I got a job at school.

My region modded/component/s-video/AV/recapped Genesis combined with my region modded/recapped Sega CD

My 800XL/130XE, the only old computers I own with a ton of great games, NES can go pound salt.

My 3DO FZ-1, love it. The games are so unique and fun to collect and play.

Some games in particular, Dracula X SotN and Thunder Force V for Saturn. Popful Mail, Night Striker, Devastator for Mega CD. Mega Man IV and V for the Gameboy.

1) a TEST PS2

2) Watara Supervision pre-production sample that was reviewed by a magazine, and it has a dpad design and box that never appeared here

3) ClearTunes prison issued game console

4) Gameboy SP kiosk, it came with its original GB SP that has no serial numbers or anything on it and a couple years ago I finally completed it with a demo cart of Mario Tennis

5) Sealed review copy of Project Snowblind (PS2), it has an Eidos business card in the sealed wrapping

• 9 months later...

1) Xänte Worm War, Atari 2600 cartridge. It is on top of my 200 Atari 2600 cart collection.

2) Neo Geo MVS Arcade 1 slot. Enjoy playing the 160 multicart and using my (10) quarters .

3) Vectrex. What a beautiful experience has been collecting and playing all the games, including the homebrews.

4) RCA Studio II. Just love playing the 40 anniversary multicart. It includes all of the original games, clone systems games and homebrews.

5) Fairchild Channel F. First cartridge console. Trying to get the multicart, but I really enjoy playing my cartridge s.

• Like 1

I like these kind of threads. It allows me to focus on the most interesting items I own rather than the most expensive ones! So my five favorites, in no particular order:

1. Fantastic Adventures of Dizzy hint sheet for the NES - The nondescript envelope that contains this would be easy to miss in a game collection if not for the Camerica logo stamped on it. It seems to have been sent out as a response to someone's request for help, as it's just a stack of printed sheets stapled together. Some of the tips are pretty basic, but would've been great to a kid playing it back in the day...and it even had a sheet of Game Genie codes at the back! Gotta love cross-promotion! Anyway, I've never seen another one, and it's got a neat story, so it has a prime spot in my collection.

2. CIB X-Band for the SNES - Pretty much everyone knows the story behind this one. The basic gist is that it's a way to facilitate online gaming for the SNES. There's also a Genesis version, and they were bloody terrible according to the people that actually used it back in the day. Now it's nothing more than a curio, but people seeing my collection for the first time get a kick out of it. Still not sure how it ended up in Red Deer though...

3. Canadian variant CIB Action Set (NES) - Now I'm not listing this because it's a CIB Action Set. This is THE CIB Action Set. The one I got for Christmas in '89. This is what started it all. If it wasn't for this one item, none of the rest would be here right now!

4. Neo Geo MVS cabinet - Every gamer's dream is to have an arcade cabinet or 20. Unfortunately I only have room for one. Fortunately, the one I have gives me access to a ton of great games. All my friends get a kick out of Neo Geo Double Dragon as well, so that makes it worthwhile.

5. My console Wizardry collection - I'm cheating here, but I think the collection is greater than the sum of it's parts...even considering the rarity of a few of them. I have all US released Wizardry titles, around 15 Japanese released titles, the mail in guides for both US NES games, the ultra-rare Wizardry V mail in guide for the SNES, tons of Japanese guides, and since the PS3 game is a digital only release, that makes my PS3 technically part of the collection as well!

Currently hmm...

- 2 Slot MVS and cartridge collection for it I found last year

- (Home Use only) Pin-Bot pinball machine I found 2 years ago

- Hanging SNES sign from 1991 - Mario in a cape riding Yoshi blue background w/clouds and bottom has the black bar red writing for Super Nintendo Entertainment System (no damage to it.)

- My GBA developer made 1 of 300 copies of QWAK! (yes that Amiga, iOS, Android, etc title of the 90s)

- Sealed NES Metroid (yellow re-release) I have in a shadow box on my wall because it's my favorite late 80s/early 90s Samus art (I don't keep sealed, and I still have my original silver cart, sleeve, manual so it doesn't bother me.)

I almost wanted to list a few other things I've had for ages like my old black Zelda nelsonic game watch or 3 basically almost new dead mint complete in box handhelds (GB 1989 and GB Pocket snapcase and DK Super Set SNES.) I got the GB's a couple years back within a month of each other, the 89 GB was lost in a closet a failed Christmas gift to an ungrateful daughter that was poorly listed I snatched up for $40 shipped, and the GBP was nearly the same. The SNES was a guy who got a SNES and never used it and bought it 4 years ago when I got back in town for $80 with a small stack of games that had Zelda, Lion King and a few other niceties in it. I keep the stuff boxed up and on a high shelf as I like the art.

Amusing the wizard I've known for a few years back now, his argument for the MVS is the one I've made since I got it too -- Got no room for an arcade and want the best legit experience, get a MVS. Uses oversized console cartridge PCBs in a shell, buy legit (which stunningly are far cheaper than some of the NES, SNES, and many TG16/CD titles) or get the 161 and the 138(or 120) in 1 multicarts and you have nearly the entire 300~ game library.

Amusing the wizard I've known for a few years back now, his argument for the MVS is the one I've made since I got it too -- Got no room for an arcade and want the best legit experience, get a MVS. Uses oversized console cartridge PCBs in a shell, buy legit (which stunningly are far cheaper than some of the NES, SNES, and many TG16/CD titles) or get the 161 and the 138(or 120) in 1 multicarts and you have nearly the entire 300~ game library.

Yeah, I've thought about getting a multicart myself, but I still like the original carts. That said, I may get one eventually just for ease of use...my MVS is a single slot, so it can be a real pain in the arse to change games. And the carts take up a TON of space...

In the past I used to have many games like Jack Bros CIB for Virtualboy, SQ:Water World for 2600 also CIB. Maxi-15 in original case with original yellow box and Cheetahmen2 with box both for NES. I play for fun and not to collect so I've sold a lot of the games when I got the flash carts.

At one time I had easily over 2,000 carts but now probably under 100 and most of those are DS and 3DS games.

Missed this thread when it was new. My own top 5 (no particular order):

* Guardian Heroes (Saturn)

* Project Justice (Dreamcast)

* My Rockstar Games varsity jacket with my name on it (given to me when I was an employee)

* My single Dreamcast GDR of a game I can't even remember

* My original Apple IIc that I've had since 1984

A few years ago I probably would have put my boxed Sears Heavy Sixer, my boxed Neo Geo AES, or my CIB Sega Saturn Derby Stallion system up there, but I've since sold all of those for not nearly enough money!

I used to have quite a few rare gems at one time or another, the most notable being an authentic Coke Wins cart for the Atari 2600 but this is about what I currently have.. So, I'd have to say my top 5 items are Flashcarts. Here are a few of my favorites :

1) ColecoVision - Ultimate SD

2) Vectrex - VecMulti

3) Intellivision - LTO Flash

4) NES - Everdrive N8

5) Nintendo 64 - Everdrive64

I have some other rare games still but the Flashcarts are still my top, favorite, most useful items.

Yeah, I've thought about getting a multicart myself, but I still like the original carts. That said, I may get one eventually just for ease of use...my MVS is a single slot, so it can be a real pain in the arse to change games. And the carts take up a TON of space...

The reason I have the 161in1 I have now (though given the reality of a few games I'd have bought it for $100 anyway) is that it was the 10th game that came with my MVS 2 slot a year ago. I paid $700 for my system which is a standard normal 25" crt type red beast, came with 9 MVS legit carts, came with a full ENG/SPN Bust a Move marquee/art kit, the SPN/art kit for Samurai Shodown 2, the SNK MVS logo marquee, and then the 161in1 as well. Adding up the year ago prices on carts, the arcade cab, art/marquees, and multicart were free. :D I keep the 161in1 around mostly at this rate for a few expensive games I'm too cheap to rationalize the value (like $300 on Super Dodgeball is bs.)

The reason I have the 161in1 I have now (though given the reality of a few games I'd have bought it for $100 anyway) is that it was the 10th game that came with my MVS 2 slot a year ago. I paid $700 for my system which is a standard normal 25" crt type red beast, came with 9 MVS legit carts, came with a full ENG/SPN Bust a Move marquee/art kit, the SPN/art kit for Samurai Shodown 2, the SNK MVS logo marquee, and then the 161in1 as well. Adding up the year ago prices on carts, the arcade cab, art/marquees, and multicart were free. :D I keep the 161in1 around mostly at this rate for a few expensive games I'm too cheap to rationalize the value (like $300 on Super Dodgeball is bs.)

Well, in all fairness there's only a couple more titles that I can see myself actively hunting. Most of my games have just come by happenstance...I got Metal Slug with the machine itself, and I bought a pile of cheap games when I got it home, one of which was Metal Slug 2. I enjoy a few of the cheap games I got, but have just as many that I won't really ever play in the bundle. The only game I have that I actively sought out was King of the Monsters because who doesn't want to smash Tokyo as Godzilla (I know the names are different, and I don't give a crap :P ). When the board crapped out, I got a cheap replacement and it came with Metal Slug 5...although it's a bootleg, it's still playable, so I don't care much :P Really, the only games I'd like are King of the Monsters 2, Bust-A-Move, and Neo Turf Masters. The rest of the Metal Slug games would be sweet, but they're not mandatory.

My top 5 favorite items in my collection, in no order.

1 - Fairchild Channel F games from my uncle - I have no video games from when I was a kid. I traded everything or sold it so to get cartridges I used when I was 5 was a big deal for me.

2 - ET cartridge from the Alamogordo Dump - I got one towards the tail end of the auctions so it was way cheaper than some of the first ones.

3 - My Donkey Kong MAME cabinet - Its a repro with a tank stick but I have tons of games on it.

4 - My Mystique/Playaround cartridges - I have all of them, just love I can say I have the X rated games hehe

5 - Harmony Cart - being able to play every game on one cart is fantastic

Tough for me...but off the top of my head these would be my top 5 Items I know I would never sell from my collection:

1. - My Dreamcast full upright pedestal Kiosk

2. - My two Parker Bros. 2600 Prototype carts

3. - My loose MUSHA cart for the Genesis (I only paid $8 for it back in like 2006 or something)

4. - My CIB Magic Knight Rayearth for the Saturn (Hikaru disc version complete with stickers)

5. - Tie between my QB special edition for the 2600 CIB, or my factory sealed Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition for the PS3.

Honestly most of my collection regardless of the value of the items isn't for sale since it has taken me nearly 20 years to aquire what I have in my collection. And I didn't even go into my arcade cabs! But My Frogger, Gyruss uprights, and my Galaga cocktail cabs I don't see myself ever parting with either.

• 1 month later...

Currently my cover photo on FB now lol. The second shelf of my NES cart collection with the holy grail in display....

bg9vp.jpg

29byszs.jpg

:love:

Also honorable mention to my NES factory sealed boxed game collection which comprises so far of Kirby's Adventure, MTV's Remote Control, Legacy of the Wizard, Dash Galaxy,Super Mario Bros.3,and Section-Z. Too many things to name,I love everything in my collection so far.

29byszs.jpg
  • Like 1